Europe: What is your favorite destination in MidEurope?

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello folks,

There are many beautiful travel regions on this planet and also in MidEurope. Surely someone has already asked you the question, where you like it best. The answer is difficult, I know that.

But everyone has his favorites and it is interesting for others to get a new idea for a destination. Therefore, I thought it would be great to do a little survey. What is your favorite destination in MidEurope?

I'll just start. I like many areas, of course, but an absolute favorite are the Alps, a wonderful, diverse and breathtaking mountain region.

What is your favorite? I am curious!

Bjoern

Reactions: Sven and MazeVX

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I just love the whole of Europe. I have been to like all the countries in the Mid Europe region and also to some others.
Think every country is beautiful and all people are great.
my favourite places are;
The Netherlands, so many little things that are so beautiful.
Spain, Bardenas Reales and Monegros. Rough and empty.
Poland, Rumania as they have so much unpaved roads.

I just cant choose. And lucky me, I dont have to.

Contributor I

Chula Vista, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Miller
I just love the whole of Europe. I have been to like all the countries in the Mid Europe region and also to some otheris.
Think every country is beautiful and all people are great.
my favourite places are;
The Netherlands, so many little things that are so beautiful.
Spain, Bardenas Reales and Monegros. Rough and empty.
Poland, Rumania as they have so much unpaved roads.

I just cant choose. And lucky me, I dont have to.
I agree that most countries in Europe are pretty. We did a 21 day trip and my personal favorite was Germany down alone the Rhine river. The Alps in Switzerland were in pressive too. Our trip was a loop from France up to Belgium back down through Germany, Austria, Italy, back up though Switzerland and ended back in France. We did get a bonus day in Amsterdam on a layover on the flight back to the states. Definitely want to go back someday.
Vance

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I agree that most countries in Europe are pretty. We did a 21 day trip and my personal favorite was Germany down alone the Rhine river. The Alps in Switzerland were in pressive too. Our trip was a loop from France up to Belgium back down through Germany, Austria, Italy, back up though Switzerland and ended back in France. We did get a bonus day in Amsterdam on a layover on the flight back to the states. Definitely want to go back someday.
Vance
Wow, that's a nice round trip and you certainly have seen a lot.

Feel free to let me know the next time you come here. Then I'll be happy to show you some interesting places, if it fits into your route planning.

Last edited:

Sven

Mid Europe Local Expert
Launch Member

Explorer I

Schenefeld, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

We did a South-West Europe trip a while ago from Hamburg to Gibraltar. Beside the area around the Pyrenees and the Spanish Mediterranean coast line we also found the mountainous area around Vimioso (Portugal) very nice.
Anyhow, If I can choose only one destination, I would go with Sweden (I know, it's not Mid-Europe, but I don't care).

Contributor I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Miller
We did a South-West Europe trip a while ago from Hamburg to Gibraltar. Beside the area around the Pyrenees and the Spanish Mediterranean coast line we also found the mountainous area around Vimioso (Portugal) very nice.
Anyhow, If I can choose only one destination, I would go with Sweden (I know, it's not Mid-Europe, but I don't care).
I have never been to Sweden but, it is definitely on the top of list for my next Europe trip. Our latest trip was Iceland which was Beautiful. A friend on mine told that Sweden is better. So I am excited to explore and find out.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
That’s a nice trip. How was Gibraltar? Don’t worry about Sweden, Mid-Europe could annex it.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Contributor I

First Name
Vance
Last Name
Miller
Vance
Wow, that's a nice round trip and you certainly have seen a lot.

Feel free to let me know the next time you come here. Then I'll be happy to show you some interesting places, if it fits into your route planning.
That would be awesome! We are always looking to get off of the beaten path.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Carnut

Rank II

Enthusiast II

The Netherlands
First Name
Frans
Last Name
Nut
Spain is my favorite country, although not MidEurope, I guess. Hills, mountains, plains, coasts, forests, lakes, and even desert-like areas. Interesting architecture, some of which is unique for Spain.

The north of the country is sparsely populated, and there are thousands of abandoned villages. Lots of unpaved trails, and people don’t seem to mind you driving there.

XL7 2.jpgXL7 1.jpg

Last edited: