Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
The Red Canyon Jeep Trail is one of my favorites. You get some great views, a good mix of terrain (although fairly easy), it can be a long day trip or an easy overnighter, and there are a number of more challenging off-shoot trails to explore from the bridge area.

Reactions: SoCalRanger

spazegun2213

Rank V

Advocate I

San Diego
First Name
ross
Last Name
miller
Member #

What are your favorite easy to moderate trails in the SoCal area?

I love Cleghorn & Pilot Rock but looking to find more options.
I was actually going to ask for some recommendations myself. Mrs Spaze isn't up for being shaken to much (yet) and I've never piloted something as big as I have now offroad.

The Red Canyon Jeep Trail is one of my favorites. You get some great views, a good mix of terrain (although fairly easy), it can be a long day trip or an easy overnighter, and there are a number of more challenging off-shoot trails to explore from the bridge area.
I may or may not have a vide of this pulled up right now. Is there a good place to overnight out that way? I'd assume the bridge can be packed

SoCalRanger

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Diego
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Thanks for the info ill definitely check that out!

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
There are two guys that have YouTube channels that do a lot of stuff in So. Cal. They do a good job of rating & showing what the trails look like. They feature a fair amount of "easy" or "beginner" trails. One is "Trail Recon" & the other is "Not-A-Rubicon". Also, although membership is required to go on the web-site and get a detailed description along with pics and a downloadable KLM or GPX file and map, "Trails Offroad" also does a good job of doing the same.