Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
New member(Southeast PA)looking for other members, meet up, share ideas, poss plan some trips.. new to Ovelanding, currently building a WJ and hope to start a small trailer soon.

Any interest in starting a bi-monthly weekend meet up? Was thinking Pocono area, maybe Bald Eagle State Park?, something that could attract PA, NY, MD, OH, VA, WVA, NJ members, or anyone else in east willing to make the trip. I am not trying to exclude anyone from any region, I just know it can be difficult to drive 8 hrs or more for a weekend.

I am new to Overlanding and have never attended a meet up, let alone organized one. I more than willing to assist on setting one up.

Either way, I am hoping to hit Bald Eagle in Spring 2020.. any thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff K
Apologies if this thread was started before and I did not find it

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to meet up with some like minded peeps. I can’t make a bi weekly meet, maybe every other month or so.

I’m from central Jersey.

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to meet up with some like minded peeps. I can’t make a bi weekly meet, maybe every other month or so.

I’m from central Jersey.
Thanks for interest in meet up..just to clarify, I was suggesting Bi-Monthly and for those interested, make it for an entire weekend.
Peace

Empty pocket 4RUNNER

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

York, PA, USA
First Name
Saidrick
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

New member(Southeast PA)looking for other members, meet up, share ideas, poss plan some trips.. new to Ovelanding, currently building a WJ and hope to start a small trailer soon.

Any interest in starting a bi-monthly weekend meet up? Was thinking Pocono area, maybe Bald Eagle State Park?, something that could attract PA, NY, MD, OH, VA, WVA, NJ members, or anyone else in east willing to make the trip. I am not trying to exclude anyone from any region, I just know it can be difficult to drive 8 hrs or more for a weekend.

I am new to Overlanding and have never attended a meet up, let alone organized one. I more than willing to assist on setting one up.

Thanks

Jeff K
I would be very interested myself. Only thing for me is that I have a gravy job as a truck driver for UNFI. That means that even having a good bit of seniority I am still not high enough to have weekends off. These older guys don’t know when to call it quits lol!! I will have to know about it well in advance to put in for PTO. I think it’s an awesome idea.

Reactions: Tuck1562

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Thanks

Jeff K
"Build it & they will come".... Create a Rally Point, promote if in the Regional Forums & see what happens. @PGSIMMONS2 did this a few months ago & put together a nice gathering of perhaps 50 vehicles.
@MuckSavage is exactly right! Set it up however you want @Tuck1562 and share it in the Facebook group. Just know that 'events' held in a state forest like BESF unfortunatly require a permit. The limit used to be 10 vehicles but I believe that was reduced to 3 or 4 on a trail at the same time.

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Being new to all this, I would be willing to look into and create a Rally point... thinking it may be best to wait till spring to hold event, but will look at not getting word out now and organizing. Any thoughts on Month?, I am thinking March or May, 2020, April is out for me

Empty pocket 4RUNNER

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

York, PA, USA
First Name
Saidrick
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Being new to all this, I would be willing to look into and create a Rally point... thinking it may be best to wait till spring to hold event, but will look at not getting word out now and organizing. Any thoughts on Month?, I am thinking March or May, 2020, April is out for me
They all seem reasonable to me. I would say May gives way more than enough time to beat the senior guys to the months and dates. Just let me know what everyone can agree on.

Okieflyr

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Philadelphia
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Barnes

Thanks

Jeff K
I’m in Delaware county and am interested in exploring BESF as well.

My wife and I are long time campers but just starting overland style, so much so we’re going out there for some RTT camping next weekend .

It was a toss up whether to stay home and work on the trailer or go camping. Camping won while the season is less challenging, and I’ll look to explore future campsites for some possible upcoming winter camping.

A small amount of company is welcome on the trails if there is interest.

Our rig is a somewhat stock 5th gen 4 Runner so I’m not one to get to ambitious on washouts.

Kevin

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
Question..would interest be in trail running or camping and socializing? was thinking maybe Gettysburg area..State parks with green trails around Michaux, could tour battle grounds if interested, camping is plentiful, Town of Gettysburg has a lot to offer if staying in area for long weekend or what not. Could find something less populated area if majority would prefer..feed back welcome, preferably constructive. Personally, I would be open to just about anything as this would be first meet up. NY State, Finger lakes/Adirondacks , NJ, have always wanted to explore Pine Barrens..etc.
Peace

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
With out searching forum...are there any spring events planeed for Bald Eagle State Forest?? As a new member I am interested in gathering more info and experience. If something already planned for the time frame, no need to duplicate efforts.