DROP DOWN TAILGATE TABLE - BY FRONT RUNNER (Review)

• HTML tutorial

Bomber Bash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
Member #

I am pretty happy with this tailgate table. The only complaint was the hardware was junk and I used alternate hardware to mount it backed up with a few sheet metal screws. I coated the plywood pullout after sanding (it comes rough) with a few applications of Tung Oil and finished with two coats of Shellac.

It seems very sturdy and I am hopeful to post photos of it in use in the next few weeks. The price point was awesome and appears to be solid with zero rattles so far.

If you have any questions please ask.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I am pretty happy with this tailgate table. The only complaint was the hardware was junk and I used alternate hardware to mount it backed up with a few sheet metal screws. I coated the plywood pullout after sanding (it comes rough) with a few applications of Tung Oil and finished with two coats of Shellac.

It seems very sturdy and I am hopeful to post photos of it in use in the next few weeks. The price point was awesome and appears to be solid with zero rattles so far.

If you have any questions please ask.
Looks great....nice addition

Reactions: Bomber Bash

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
I'll add my opinion. Definitely a good value. Weight is heavy. Like said, the wood needs to be treated. If using or mounted on the exterior, I would consider swapping out the wood for HDPE or something.

Reactions: Jube

Bomber Bash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
Member #

I'll add my opinion. Definitely a good value. Weight is heavy. Like said, the wood needs to be treated. If using or mounted on the exterior, I would consider swapping out the wood for HDPE or something.
Agreed, the price point is what sold me. I looked at a few aluminum ones and they were out of my budget.

Reactions: Jube