Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Seems DONNY PARK 4x4 show it jumping on the EXPO CRAZE hey ho still a good little show to spend a day at Never made it the last two years see how it pans out this year seeing its in WESTERN EUROPE :wink:for the first time might mozey on over

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Seems DONNY PARK 4x4 show it jumping on the EXPO CRAZE hey ho still a good little show to spend a day at Never made it the last two years see how it pans out this year seeing its in WESTERN EUROPE :wink:for the first time might mozey on over
Hoping to check it out too. It’s moved from Donington to Stafford Show ground so a bit further for me to travel.
http://donington4x4show.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

All a bit confusing since they are still using the same website but it’s no longer at Donington. Hope nobody heads to the wrong place.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Must admit, I gave up going to Donny a couple years ago. Not really any decent deals to be had with many suppliers - mostly selling the normal stuck that can be bought on their websites for less than they sell at shows. They have stand space to pay for which always bumps the prices up these days. Never understood why some suppliers don't go for the low profit, high turn over theory.
True, there are a few "show deals" ...... buy two get 10% off etc....
Having said that, if there is something you're specifically after, but not sure about, it's always a good way to see it in the flesh and maybe compare to someone else's that's similar. Then go home and research better prices.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I have never gone to any show looking or needing gear its more to see other people trucks and gear. The stalls have allways been There Admittedly over the past decade shows have become costly , And show grounds have increased overheads etc Even the great peterboro Famous for it landrover jumble stalls has become pricey
I ve attended agricultural shows all my life steam fairs etc they are all the same The great CLA GAME FAIR terminated due to costs but reinstated , the craic and meeting people is the main thing for me , the internet is destroying Gatherings of all types The days of bargins at shows in the main are sadly a thing of the past but i still have a go at bartering Lol

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Always thought it must be a big ask for traders to do a one day show. It’s only open 10am - 4pm and often it’s quiet by 2pm. So they have all that setup and cost for maybe 4hrs of trading. I just hope that they also get business from it following the show.
Yes, I generally go as much to catch up with people as anything else.