Diy awning

• HTML tutorial

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Definitely want to know more about the supports and how it looks folded up!

Sent from my XT1575 using OB Talk mobile app
The supports are from a old quick shade that had been broken but could be made from electrical conduit. It is a little bulky when folded up but i still have a lot of extra canvas i need to trim off i will get pictures of it folded up thanks for the support everyone now my wife can't call me crazy for trying to build one instead of buying one

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Sorry it took me so long to get more pictures but i have been on vacation and honestly didn't want to do anything so this picture shows the Unistrut that i used for a Channel so the quick shade frame could extend it has 1/4" bolts ran through it to keep it in the channel and the ends are fixed to it with the same bolts

Reactions: barnowl

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

This shot shows the overall i used 1" pvc pipe that i cut a 1/2" section out of but i think i will get another piece of Unistrut just like the other side it slides much better

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Looks like a good start. Lots of area to fit a lot of people. Are the uprights telescoping? For rain you usually want to have a low side so the water can run off and not pool, weighing down the canvas. Or you could place a pole in the center and get a peaked roof. I'm 6'4" and appreciate lots of head clearance:)

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Yes i took the telescoping legs from the quick shade i am only 5'10" tall so there is plenty of room for me lol but you could put a pole in the center it is about 9'X10' and mounted on the top bar of the roof rack

Reactions: yeshwa

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Looks like i forgot to mention the canvas i used was a heavy duty canvas drop cloth $26 from the painting section at home depot i plan on water proofing it there are products out there for about $30 to do that