First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Hey folks,

I just picked up a 1991 Centurion Classic C350 with 7.3 IDI and need to get some work done on it. Was looking for recommendations, or possibly someone with more experience than I do that wants some side cash to at least get things rolling.

There is a place called Andy's Hot Rods and Restoration I am considering giving a call, but I wanted to see if others had recommendations.

Right now, I need to get the fuel injector pump looked at or possibly replaced, a new a/c compressor and recharge, and maybe even have this turbo I got with the pickup installed.

I will need some body work done, and the interior needs redone. This vehicle is kind of a bucket list checked off for me, so I am ready to be patient and bring it back to life. Really enjoyed driving it the 611 miles home, other than the lack of AC...

Anyways, open to recommendations!

Attachments

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Great find, thats an absolute unicorn right there. I’ll have one of these one day.
I'm very excited. I've been looking for one of these for a number of years now and various reasons things never worked out.. The guy I got it from seemed pretty handy with vehicles and had started the work but just ran into too many projects. He tossed out a feeler for a buyer and I snagged it before he had a chance to change his mind hah. He did some of the front end work already, and a decent amount of the service items in the drivetrain.

Anyways, once I get the fuel injection pump sorted it should be reliable mechanically. The A/C is just because I'm in Oklahoma and it's hot as hell, so I bumped it up the list for priorities. That 611 mile drive in 100ish temps was pretty rough. I can't recall the last time I drank that much water and wasn't feeling the gurgle of the ocean hah.

Couple of things I'll probably do to make it mine:
  • Swap the middle bench to two captains, with the driver side captains chair in storage for my service dog to be convenient.
  • Swap the front basic bench for one of those 40/20/40 benches where the jump seat doubles as a console.
  • Swap the third row bench with another 40/20/40 bench.
  • Add the Bronco tire swing, since this one doesn't have it.
  • Do something with the audio system. I don't really need to have a fancy unit in the vehicle - give me some decent speakers and I'll add a bluetooth module and drive it from my phone.
  • Considering aftermarket bumpers so I can throw in some tow hooks and maybe a winch.
Last project I had was a '69 Oldsmobile Toronado, so this will be a treat since it's different than the fisher body vehicles I've worked on in the past.

Anyways, I've not had to get work done to any vehicle while living in the Tulsa area, so I'm looking for recommendations. Andy's Hot Rods and Restoration seems to be a known entity near to my home, so I'll probably strike up a conversation with them and get a feel for their availability for this restoration and custom work.

D

Deleted member 14476

Yeah I hear you on A/C. Yuma AZ is not a forgiving place to not have air conditioning either hahaha.

That’s awesome man, you got to start a build thread so I can follow along and see how it’s coming along!

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Looks like I found a few, but very little information about them. I don't have Facebook which hides some details.
  • Andy's Hot Rods and Restoration
    • These guys didn't return my call after leaving message with someone there almost two weeks ago.
    • No website, only Facebook which I won't access.
  • US Restoration (formerly Trinity Restoration)
    • These guys did the Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds, and have ties to some vehicle shows, Orange County Choppers, and some YouTube videos showing their work. Looks like they have done a few Bronco's.
    • Looks like 2007-2008 they grew fast and fell fast though...
  • Huber Restoration
    • Their website is down suddenly (it was up a few weeks ago before I brought the Centurion home).
I'm not looking for a show car (obviously, posting from this forum). I just want a nice daily driver that can roam off the pavement when the family wants to do some exploring.

Open to other suggestions?

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Anyone have any experience with Sams 4x4 on the west side of Tulsa? JEEP TRUCK SUV - SERVICE PARTS & ACCESSORIES | Sam's 4x4 | Tulsa, Oklahoma (sams4x4.com)

I'm considering finding a different shop, the one I have seems to be overcharging me and possibly not doing the best work in some areas for my unicorn truck. Sam's sounds like they have a great reputation, but they are only open when I'm working and are a bit of a haul for me so I'd likely have to take time off and do some serious ride coordination to make them work.

I may also reach out to Andy's again - I see a lot of older pickups outside they have worked on and it looks like great work at the new location with the giant body shop.