Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have a bunch of other things I love to do when adventuring.

In fact, they are often the reason I go adventuring.

They include:

tracking_3065-900n.jpeg
Teaching myself more about tracking and ID of animals:

Spending a lot of time on the water in my favorite boat ever, my Hornbeck Nomad.

roaddude_XV2-milkyway-7124-1000.jpg
Solo camping in remote places to test and expand my self-sufficiency and off-grid skills

sondors-packmule_9935-900n.jpg
Getting out and exploring on my bike for both pleasure and camp chores

roaddude_nightsky-picnic-7731-900n.jpg
Teaching myself how to make more creative night sky images and learning more about the Universe.

And so much more, really, from exploring art and history museums in major urban centers to wandering around small towns bypassed by modern culture, trying to find those unique places in North America before it all becomes more homogenized.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

For me, photography, mostly landscape. So overlanding is a perfect fit to get me to those out-of-the-way beautiful spots.
For my wife, geocaching, often in remote areas. So overlanding is a perfect fit to get her to new caches.
The three activities mesh very well and keep us both happily occupied.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We also usually have some equipment with us for various outdoor activities. Be it an inflatable canoe or a sup board depending on the travel region and destination. The hiking boots are always with us! You can also do great things in the snow, snowmobiling, snowshoeing or even cross-country skiing. And as many here have already said, it is also just great to lean back in the camping chair, enjoy the nature, look into the campfire or the starry sky and spent time with friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oneandthree

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Hiking, backpacking, exploring the wilderness, photography, drone, researching finding and exploring abandoned / lost homesteads forts ghost towns, treasure hunting, metal detecting, panning, exploring in our 12’ skiff anywhere there is a ramp ,diving, snorkeling, white water rafting, kayaking, biking. Solitude. Usually as far away from people as I can get. Our garage looks like a sporting goods store.

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Chesapeake, Chesapeake city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

Reactions: firemen7

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

I have a bunch of other things I love to do when adventuring.

In fact, they are often the reason I go adventuring.

They include:

View attachment 201547
Teaching myself more about tracking and ID of animals:

Spending a lot of time on the water in my favorite boat ever, my Hornbeck Nomad.

View attachment 201548
Solo camping in remote places to test and expand my self-sufficiency and off-grid skills

View attachment 201551
Getting out and exploring on my bike for both pleasure and camp chores

View attachment 201549
Teaching myself how to make more creative night sky images and learning more about the Universe.

And so much more, really, from exploring art and history museums in major urban centers to wandering around small towns bypassed by modern culture, trying to find those unique places in North America before it all becomes more homogenized.

Holy cow. Those pictures are amazing. I feel all of this. It’s so easy to get distracted by today’s way of life and lose touch with what are really our basic survival skills. Any time spent refining and learning them is time well spent. I’m going to adopt some of your enthusiasm if you don’t mind.

Reactions: grubworm and Road

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

We also usually have some equipment with us for various outdoor activities. Be it an inflatable canoe or a sup board depending on the travel region and destination. The hiking boots are always with us! You can also do great things in the snow, snowmobiling, snowshoeing or even cross-country skiing. And as many here have already said, it is also just great to lean back in the camping chair, enjoy the nature, look into the campfire or the starry sky and spent time with friends.
Man I grew up in Alaska. Winter never stopped us from doing stuff outside but I’m not gonna lie. My blood has thinned. Lol

Reactions: firemen7

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

For me, photography, mostly landscape. So overlanding is a perfect fit to get me to those out-of-the-way beautiful spots.
For my wife, geocaching, often in remote areas. So overlanding is a perfect fit to get her to new caches.
The three activities mesh very well and keep us both happily occupied.
We love geocaching!

Reactions: 9Mike2 and MegaBug