Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

One of my favorites! I recommend reading two other Abbey books:
The Fool’s Progress - a disheartened man journeys (overlands?) across the US with a dying dog to his Appalachian childhood home. Along the way, he reflects on his life.
The Brave Cowboy - a stubborn cowboy (4-legged overlanding) becomes an outlaw and rebels against the modern “civilized” world.

Reactions: MOAK

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Thanks for the suggestions, added to my audible library for the next long drive!

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

“Cactus Ed” was quite a character, and he had some great adventures. In his book Abbey’s Road, (I think) is a story of him driving a rental car across the Australian Outback. A great read!

Reactions: ZombieCat

greydog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexcio
First Name
Hugh
Last Name
Bryce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA5KLX
The Brave Cowboy was made into a movie and I think it was Kirk Douglas starred in it. The title was Lonely are the brave and it was filmed in New Mexico. Just some trivia from the trail!

Contributor III

Bristol, CT
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Walker
Here’s my Ed Abbey collection. He’s one of my favorite authors!
1693253812127.png
The love of reading books helped me more than once, especially in my studies. I have never had a problem writing a literary essay or analyzing a work. However, with the help of the EduBirdie website, I found a way to order a great personal statement assignment! This is the type of assignment I'm not very good at, and the authors from that site helped me a lot with this. I advise students to take a closer look at it.
Nice collection! I enjoyed reading Fire on the Mountain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mojavewanderer