Launch Member

Influencer II

St. Albert, AB, Canada
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Houghtaling
Member #

The FJ came with an in dash cluster that has a compass. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. It's not accurate enough to actually nav with, but it is useful for maintaining a general heading. Out here, if the sun is hidden, the praries all kinda look the same. It's nice to have a reference for keeping a heading at least.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I had a boat compass in my last truck. Way more accurate than a factory compass. I needed it for search and rescue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Anon

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

The FJ Cruiser came with a compass, temp gauge and an inclinometer.
The compass is just like what @CDN Offroader mentioned... it's accurate enough to point you in a general direction.
My temp gauge seems to be a degree or two off on some days.
The inclinometer works great when I think to double check how much I'm tilting. I've gotten it close to 30 degrees sideways and nose down once or twice, and my seat covers are still intact!
20150317_161603.jpg

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

The FJ came with an in dash cluster that has a compass. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. It's not accurate enough to actually nav with, but it is useful for maintaining a general heading. Out here, if the sun is hidden, the praries all kinda look the same. It's nice to have a reference for keeping a heading at least.

Been looking to retro fit one of these to my Cruiser. Like the idea of the compass and temp gauge. Usually use the compass on the SatNav for general heading. Would be a good addition for when I leave the SatNav behind... joys of not having a built in one. Not sure about the inclinometer... normally 'bottled it' way before it tells me I'm likely to fall over.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TXpedition