Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Yep I love driving never happier than when I am on the road in my Landy.
Lottery win would just mean I can move faster for longer
Other than kitting up the 90 exactly how I want it, I'd be purchasing a Conqueror UEV 490 from Oz. They look awesome.

If Conqueror are looking for someone in the UK to test drive their UEV 490 I'm prepared to nominate myself for that task

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I love that this forum has finally taken off. As per my facebook comments. I agree that it has been a bit awkward for Europe members. Hopefully with Polaris now steering this ship, we get more in the way of meets/camps/all fun stuff!
don't mention "ship" to our leader, as he was a "bubble head".

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
hi guys srappy here any updates on the meet ups?
Sadly for now all the meets are cancelled or postponed.
Once the lockdown and social distancingmeasures are eased we can look at getting a few things organised.
If I’m honest though I think big group trips will be on the back burning and the trips meets will be small 2 maybe 3 vehicle meets where a certain amount of distancing can be maintained.
I also think camp sites etc are going to be very busy once they are allowed to open. They will probably still have to maintain some sort of social distancing so will not run at full capacity but will fill up what spaces they have very quickly.

In Holland they are opening up campsites but only for those with their own washing / toilet facilities to maintain social distancing. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go a similar route.

Hopefully once this crisis is over we can get back to the full on meets and trips

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
In Holland they are opening up campsites but only for those with their own washing / toilet facilities to maintain social distancing. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go a similar route.
... this is exactly what I hear in Germany: campground operators assume that they will open this year only for those with their own sanitary facility. Let´s wait and see!

scrappy wolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

brockworth, Gloucestershire
First Name
forrest
Last Name
richardson
Member #

oh ok cool. hope every one is ok. thank you Dave for your reply. cant wait to get out. can i ask a question. what do the community think of a shogun sport. starting to save up for one. was wondering how much used, reliability etc. would love to hear from you guys, pictures would be usefull as well, on how to turn in to a camper etc. many thanks scrappy.

to Micheal, can i ask the question to you guys as well, many thanks scrappy

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
oh ok cool. hope every one is ok. thank you Dave for your reply. cant wait to get out. can i ask a question. what do the community think of a shogun sport. starting to save up for one. was wondering how much used, reliability etc. would love to hear from you guys, pictures would be usefull as well, on how to turn in to a camper etc. many thanks scrappy.

to Micheal, can i ask the question to you guys as well, many thanks scrappy
Not sure about the Shogun Sport but I do know any vehicle can be made an overland vehicle. Ive seen London Double Decker bus on the Pamir Highways and Citreon Saxo in Mongolia as part of the Mongol Rally.
Best advise I can offer is decide first the type of overlanding you want to do then ask lots of questions of the members as there is a lot of experience throughout the membership and questions now will save you money long term avoiding some ofd the pitfalls many of us made at the start.

scrappy wolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

brockworth, Gloucestershire
First Name
forrest
Last Name
richardson
Member #

Ok thank you Dave. i would like to do some green laining, go camping like you have on your trips in your website etc. i would also like to go to Scandinavia and other places like wales, Scotland etc. i would also like to take a trailer with camping stuff or biking or kayaking as well. i know that im on a small budget like a 1000 pound or so, but i have seen say a pajero for 1000. im not looking for anything special, but i would like it to go were a defender etc can go, with out modding it to much. So i was wondering what people think. any suggestions would be gratefully. scrappy

Swedish Iron

Rank I

Contributor III

UK
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Stanford-Beale
Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7TSB
So....... as we head towards the end of lockdown and hopefully jabbed, any plans for a meet?
I was thinking of Billing here in UK but missed the camping slot :( Still plan to go.
And of course Overland show hopefully in Stratford later in the year. Thoughts?

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

So....... as we head towards the end of lockdown and hopefully jabbed, any plans for a meet?
I was thinking of Billing here in UK but missed the camping slot :( Still plan to go.
And of course Overland show hopefully in Stratford later in the year. Thoughts?
The team are organising a wee camping stand at the Overland show, covid permitting of course.

Theres also quite alot of mini regional meets in the pipeline for when we are allowed. Best way to track is the FB page or the rally points on here mate

Reactions: Swedish Iron