Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I emailed Dinoot last night with a couple questions and Scott was Johnny on the spot getting back to me, but I don’t want to keep bothering him with questions when I’m not even a customer (yet), so I’ll ask you guys.

I’m looking at one of 2 options for a tent trailer build, and the M-series is one of them. If I go this route, I’m planning on building a shorty on a 40.5x48 HF frame. I will have the frame reinforced, most likely have tongue extended w/ a Lock n Roll system and either a torsion or timbren suspension setup. I guess the first couple questions I have are
1) what are you all using for a lid/top?
2) what are my options for rack mounting? I saw the set Dinoot offers, was curious if anyone has found a taller option.

Thanks in advance!

JeffnMar

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Currently building a dinoot extended j Series, I have a build thread going on this site and Scotts site as well. Scott has been awesome during the build helping answer any and all questions and is very responsive to emails! ..

For a top I ordered a toneau cover (soft cover) for now , I do plan on building a hard cover with plywood and then using a bedliner material on it , plan on doing some sort of storage area on top as well.

For the rack I will be mounting my RTT to , I am using Scotts no weld rack system , the trailer I bought had the base plates welded on already , just need to connect the racking, I talked to Scott and had it cut to size for my needs so the trailer will not be "top heavy' and stable but tall enough to still fit in my garage. Be careful not to go to tall as you may have stability issues when on the trail.

Reach out if you want pictures or need any other info and best of luck on your decision!

Reactions: Ellavader

JeffnMar

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I emailed Dinoot last night with a couple questions and Scott was Johnny on the spot getting back to me, but I don’t want to keep bothering him with questions when I’m not even a customer (yet), so I’ll ask you guys.

I’m looking at one of 2 options for a tent trailer build, and the M-series is one of them. If I go this route, I’m planning on building a shorty on a 40.5x48 HF frame. I will have the frame reinforced, most likely have tongue extended w/ a Lock n Roll system and either a torsion or timbren suspension setup. I guess the first couple questions I have are
1) what are you all using for a lid/top?
2) what are my options for rack mounting? I saw the set Dinoot offers, was curious if anyone has found a taller option.

Thanks in advance!
I would email Scott and set up a phone conversation with him, I learned more in a 30 minute call than I did with my analysis paralysis on the net ;-) ... I too wanted to use timber axles but after further review, the trainer is light and this would not be the best approach , I chose instead a 3500lb axle and opted for Scotts suggestion of shocks that mount to the frame for the axle like shown below, I am extremely happy with the results , just an option.

• Love
Reactions: Gr8 Hortoni