RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I know a few of you guys and gals use the Skottle and give it good reviews. I was ready to purchase one but saw they had a compact version. Can anyone say if it works as good as it's big brother?

Reactions: TemboTusk

TemboTusk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anaheim
Rubicajon,

The Adventure Skottle does work as well as its bigger brother, however, if you cook large, or cook for more than two people, the small Skottle might not be what you want. We have cooked bacon and eaggs, hamburgers, peppers etc on the Adventure Skottle and it proformed very well.

The small Skottle is designed around the MSR DragonFly stove, howwever the Coleman style single burner will work with it, but does not attached to the pan.

So the if you need to save space, weight and only cook for one or two people buy the Adventure Skottle. If you cook big meals, cook for a group (three or more) and room/weight is not an issue, buy the regular Skottle Grill Kit.

Hope that helps

Jerry
TemboTusk

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Thanks for your reply Jerry. We are looking for something to fill the spot between our snow peak gigapower lite and our 1 and 2 burnet coleman stoves. Its usually only 2 of us so I'll check it out for our upcoming trip to Monument Valley.

TemboTusk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anaheim
Which ever one you choose, the Skottle will allow you leave your pots and pans at home. You won't need them!
Have fun in Mounument Valley! Be sure to visit the Valley of the gods about 30 miles deeper into the Monument Valley area.

Reactions: rgk401

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Which ever one you choose, the Skottle will allow you leave your pots and pans at home. You won't need them!
Have fun in Mounument Valley! Be sure to visit the Valley of the gods about 30 miles deeper into the Monument Valley area.
I will put it on our schedule. We are going on the Navajo land with one of their guides for a 4 day tour. I'll ask if it is part of our tour.

TemboTusk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anaheim
It may be in the future; some time next year. As you know the regular Skottle is in the OB store and the OB carry bags will be back in stock in about a week.

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
I know a few of you guys and gals use the Skottle and give it good reviews. I was ready to purchase one but saw they had a compact version. Can anyone say if it works as good as it's big brother?
I didn't know what a skottle was before I found this thread. Now it's on my to buy list. Thank you for your inspiration.

Reactions: TemboTusk