Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Introducing.........Elisha Holt (aka @OpenlanderZ) in Cimarron !

Elisha has this to say:

We started Overlanding about three years ago back in Arkansas, where we lived at the time. We were/are members of the Natural State Overlanding crew. Growing up in Arkansas, my wife and I have seen almost everything the state had to offer. So we found ourselves taking most of our getaway trips to Colorado. We decided to pack up everything and move to The Western Slopes of Colorado, where we love to play in the mountains.
Thanks so much for volunteering, Elisha! We're all looking forward to those trips on your side of the hill!

1613239514892.png1613239569320.png

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Excellent. Looking forward to a meet up when I move out to GJ next year.
Rick, it's all on you and @zgifiredude to create the events as this position is vacant again.

I would probably solicit one of you guys, but there's a restructure coming up so we've got to see what happens with that.

Reactions: zgfiredude

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I'm scouring the map books and making some plans for this spring, summer, and fall....I'll post something up and see if anyone chooses to tag along.

Rick, holler when you get over here and we'll chat over a beer or something!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm scouring the map books and making some plans for this spring, summer, and fall....I'll post something up and see if anyone chooses to tag along.

Rick, holler when you get over here and we'll chat over a beer or something!
Do you have much experience with the Grand Mesa?

Also, @JCarter was hoping we'd come up with something working in Dinosaur National Monument. Any interest there?

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Do you have much experience with the Grand Mesa?

Also, @JCarter was hoping we'd come up with something working in Dinosaur National Monument. Any interest there?
I live on the door step of the Grand Mesa, and have been around some and intend to noodle about more over there. Lots of lakes up there and it's beautiful. Great place to go during the heat of summer as is much cooler up there.

I've motorcycled around Dinosaur a fair bit....adventure bikes is what I used to do. So yea, I have some starting points for sure. It gets HOT up that way, so late April thru early June are typically best.

I want to do the Encampment Wyoming and Steamboat Springs Colorado area, I think there is a lot of not too difficult overlanding up that way. And I'm working on something down around Ridgway, Ohio Pass, Gunnison, Pitkin, Tin Cup, etc......I just need time to scale it and figure mileages, etc. Lots of things could be 2, 3, or 5/6/7 day trips.

Last edited:

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm sure I speak for many when I say we look forward to any Rally Points you wish to create! Let me know if I can help.

Speaking of Tincup, we'll probably have someone do a Miner's Loop (Tincup & Hancock Passes) again this coming year. Don't let that stop you, however, because Hancock was a bit much in my truck. You might come up with another interesting route.

Reactions: zgfiredude