Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
You southern boys are fun to be around. Had to great buddies in the Air Force from Mobile.
Those guys were always in trouble with the Barracks chief. Mischievous as all get out. Both played Mandolin's like professionals. Loved their music.

Reactions: Viking1204

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Finally made it out to the garage and dug these out. These things are bullet proof; I know they haven't been lit in 20 years, possibly back to 1993 or so when we were in Southern CA. Can't recall if we used them in NY or IL; know we haven't used them here in NC. Both the white gas stove and lantern look brand new. The propane stove on the left belonged to my father-in-law; I have one that I use when I go out camping is almost identical to it except mine has the twist knob to ignite. So for me three stoves and one lantern; probably not a "sickness" yet.

IMG_0310.JPG

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Another not Coleman sickness

British made Bialaddin 315 Kerosene burner lantern built between 1948 and 1953 not something I take camping.
Those are gorgeous. I missed a shot at a Coleman desk lamp last year. Was waiting to make an offer and the antique mall it was at just closed up shop...

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Finally made it out to the garage and dug these out. These things are bullet proof; I know they haven't been lit in 20 years, possibly back to 1993 or so when we were in Southern CA. Can't recall if we used them in NY or IL; know we haven't used them here in NC. Both the white gas stove and lantern look brand new. The propane stove on the left belonged to my father-in-law; I have one that I use when I go out camping is almost identical to it except mine has the twist knob to ignite. So for me three stoves and one lantern; probably not a "sickness" yet.

View attachment 145888
I have a couple of the CL2 (288a) lanterns. One is my truck beater and the other is almost as nice as yours and doesn't come out to play that often because of how nice and original it is. Throw a cast iron pan over the generator of that white gas stove and she'll be burning a nice blue flame in a few minutes!

That's my favorite way to fix a steak at camp. Salt, pepper, little olive oil and pan fry to a nice brown sear. yummy....

Ozark_Ridge_Runner_XJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

10202 County Road 8150, West Plains, MO, USA
First Name
Tatum
Last Name
McMillian
Member #

Not the best picture but there is a '66 426C three burner and 425 two burner and my old reliable '66 228 Big Hat lantern at our camp at The Rendezvous in the Ozarks in October 2019. Cooked breakfast and supper for our group of 12 all weekend, 4 days on these vintage Coleman's.

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Anyone been bringing anything back to life during the quarantine?

I've got the parts but need to jump on my 242B. I've been focusing on my Xterra but will hopefully get that 242B lit as a Rat Rod build. The paint on the fount (rare painted B) is rough and the vent is rougher than I think is worth getting ceramic coated so I'm just going to get it lit and run it! Let the patina speak for itself!

Ozark_Ridge_Runner_XJ

Rank II

Enthusiast I

10202 County Road 8150, West Plains, MO, USA
First Name
Tatum
Last Name
McMillian
Member #

Custom 228F. Brought back from a neglected life.
Custom paint fount because there was literally no paint or decal left on it other than under the collar.
Painted to match my XJ and fit the Overlanding theme. The trees are a decal I found on Etsy.
The amber globe came from a 220 that was bad corroded from salt but it's getting a new life too.

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Custom paint fount because there was literally no paint or decal left on it other than under the collar.
Painted to match my XJ and fit the Overlanding theme. The trees are a decal I found on Etsy.
The amber globe came from a 220 that was bad corroded from salt but it's getting a new life too.
That is beautiful! I have a 220E on the healing bench as well I've been wondering what to do with...

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
That looks great! Well done.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I think I've located the impossible Coleman part to find. I have a Colman InstaStart Grill Stove Combo, Model 9922 that I picked up in great condition for $10. The only thing it was missing is the drip tray which seems to be out of stock everywhere or maybe they just stopped making them. The part number for the drip tray is 9922-1901, I've Google searched with no luck, even tried Ebay with no luck! I might have figure out how to make one on my own.