Christmas PNW trip...offroad recs

• HTML tutorial

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

I'm going to be leaving the Bay Area in CA this Friday at 10am to head north to visit my family in Tacoma, WA. My plan was to stay in the Crater Lake area Friday night. I know it will be cold and there will be snow on the ground but I am prepared. Can anyone recommend some good trails around there with camping spots. I don't want anything too crazy since I will be solo. My 4R could handle aggressive and I have an InReach but need to make it up to my parents Saturday! But I know Crater Lake NP doesn't allow camping in there right now.

Then after Xmas on the 26th I'm heading down to Portland and picking up a friend at the airport around noon. We will then hit some spots in Portland and Hood River then start to head south towards Bend. I'm looking for a camping spot off the beaten path on the 26th off the 35 or 197. Then on the 27th get up and find a trail to hit between Hood River and Bend that may have a great camping spot for the night. Then the 28th will be spent in Bend checking in at CVT, checking the town out as the "friend" has never been and then heading south to find some place to camp, if we don't stay in Bend. Then on the 29th head straight back to the Bay Area.

I've looked on Gaia and it's VERY hard to see what's hiking or driving or...but figured you folks might have some gpx/kml files to share! Thanks! And if anyone in that area wants to meet up the 26th-28th for days of wheeling shoot me a PM!