Check out our latest article about travelling with a child who has autism.

• HTML tutorial

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

It's been awhile since we have written anything because of all that is happening lately. Here is a link to our latest little project. I hope you all like!

Welcome to us!
I dont know what its like to have a child with autisum but i applaud you for taking him out there. My wife is a behavior therapist and she works with kids with autisum and sometimes she tells me how hard it can be

Liesejunh

Rank I

Enthusiast I

California
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Cha
Member #

Thank you for sharing. I know it’s an old thread but I just stumbled upon it while looking up members’ experiences with family with ASD. My 1 year old was just diagnosed the other day with it and I’m just wondering how Overlanding would look like when she gets older. Your blogs give me a lot of hope.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Yes. Always have hope. Never give that up no matter what. I know we have not had much content this year because of everything going on but we are going to be putting up new articles soon after Christmas. Hang in there. Your journey is just beginning.

Reactions: Liesejunh

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
Thanks for posting this. I’ll be sitting down to read soon.

My better half is an occupational therapist at a pediatric daycare and most of her case load is autism. It’s always amazing to me the stories she tells me of her day and how these kids progress and the things they are able to do.

I’ll be sending her the link to read as well.

Justinwrites

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Olympia, WA
Member #

I know this post is a little old now, but I just wanted to chime in that I have 3 boys, 2 of which are autistic. They both love to ride, only one likes to camp. lol. We still go as much as possible.

Liesejunh

Rank I

Enthusiast I

California
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Cha
Member #

Thanks for sharing. Let’s keep the posts going because us as parents with kiddos dealing with ASD need all of the support we can get.

My kiddo loves the bumpy drives and as long as we have an open area at our camp ground, she could play for days by herself. It’s just hard walking places because she’ll get super distracted by random things and she has very little safety awareness.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We are gearing up for this years adventures now. I am working on some things as we speak. This year is going to be our best yet for content, coverage and having fun. I am going to be starting to write weekly posts on the blog to get things flowing. This past year was a massive bust for everyone and we are going to be positive moving forward. Good vibes ONLY! We are going to provide support as well. Also, in another part of our new business we are setting up something soon to raise money for our local Autism Society since their Government funding has been cut in 2/3s. Really they are just an office now with no programming etc. Hopfully my plan will raise a bunch of money for them, provide a little for us so that we can keep doing what we are doing, and give the local resturants a boost they so desperately need as well. I will keep everyone informed on that one starting in May.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We have two new sections on our site. AFT gear, where we will be selling support gear to get our name out there and raise a bit of money for various autism projects and to continue to keep our site going. We also have a GEAR WE LOVE section where I just talk about the stuff we use and how it works for us. Links are included in the articles so you can go directly to the places we buy from as well! check it out and see what we are using!