Troysmith80

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sisters, OR, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Smith
I'm recently returned to Central Oregon (Sisters at the moment, i'll probably settle in Bend eventually) after a couple of years away. I was born and always lived in oregon except for this recent 2-year stint in Missouri.

I'm looking to learn more about good places to explore and routes that are more technical than a forest road but not rock crawling. It's getting harder and harder to get away from the crowds around here. I'm also interested in meeting folks/families to do trips with. This seems like it might be a good place.

My wife and I have kiddos, a 5 year old and a 6 month old. We like to camp, dispersed when possible, reluctantly in developed campgrounds when "necessary". We have a very small old pop-up camper that we use but it's on its last legs and I am in the process of designing my ideal camper which will be something like a blend of a Off-Grid/Mission style teardrop and a Wildernest or AT Habitat.

Current forest rig is a 2001 Yukon with the running boards taken off and AT tires. It's got the G80 'locking' differential. The thing seems pretty damn capable as is, I don't think it really needs much more (other than recovery gear) to be all that i'll likely need.

I grew up on motorcycles and have done a fair bit of dirt riding and dual sport around central oregon but I sold off all my bikes years ago and got into vans. Now I'm on the SUV with trailer path.

Here's a few pics from past adventures

CoastBikeRide 016.jpg20090926 China Hat w-family-001_w.jpg20110205 Steens-011_w.jpg20111122 Sequioia Park-048_w.jpgIMAG0383.jpg20150606_160929.jpgIMG_20190721_150256.jpgIMG_20190825_164313.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I'm recently returned to Central Oregon (Sisters at the moment, i'll probably settle in Bend eventually) after a couple of years away. I was born and always lived in oregon except for this recent 2-year stint in Missouri.

I'm looking to learn more about good places to explore and routes that are more technical than a forest road but not rock crawling. It's getting harder and harder to get away from the crowds around here. I'm also interested in meeting folks/families to do trips with. This seems like it might be a good place.

My wife and I have kiddos, a 5 year old and a 6 month old. We like to camp, dispersed when possible, reluctantly in developed campgrounds when "necessary". We have a very small old pop-up camper that we use but it's on its last legs and I am in the process of designing my ideal camper which will be something like a blend of a Off-Grid/Mission style teardrop and a Wildernest or AT Habitat.

Current forest rig is a 2001 Yukon with the running boards taken off and AT tires. It's got the G80 'locking' differential. The thing seems pretty damn capable as is, I don't think it really needs much more (other than recovery gear) to be all that i'll likely need.

I grew up on motorcycles and have done a fair bit of dirt riding and dual sport around central oregon but I sold off all my bikes years ago and got into vans. Now I'm on the SUV with trailer path.

View attachment 115516View attachment 115519View attachment 115520View attachment 115522View attachment 115523View attachment 115524View attachment 115525View attachment 115526
Welcome! Make sure to check out the Rally Point system for events and meetups. There is also a FB page for the NorthWest region. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps and always have something planned. Once I get my rig sorted out, I'd love to spend more time in the Oregon area. Very pretty. Great parent move to get outside and explore with your kids!

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Heck yea! We would love to meet up with you both! Troy we are both also from the bike community- riding Victory for several years and any and everything before that! We are over in Salem- lets meet up!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

View attachment 115516View attachment 115519View attachment 115520View attachment 115522View attachment 115523View attachment 115524View attachment 115525View attachment 115526
Hello Central Oregon friend! We are in Dayville, just a couple short hours NE of Bend. We go exploring and camping in the Ochoco, Umatilla, and Malheur National Forests every month. We also host free and family-friendly overlanding events at our ranch every year. Look for them as a Rally Point on the member map. Throw some dates at us anytime you're thinking and I can show you some great overlanding trails. All of them VERY FAR away from any crowds :D

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Welcome, my wife and I are in Central Washington. I also am into bikes. I have done a fair bit of ADV riding with a buddy, BDR's and other riding. I look forward to seeing you and the family on the trail.
I think we need to plane a few Central Washington/Oregon meets/trail rides. I think there are enough of us to make it happen.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi ya! We are in Salem and travel everywhere! We usually have an event every weekend going on and would love to meet your family! We are the Member Reps for the Willamette Valley and hope that you would consider joining us! We have a very active Facebook page you and your wife are invited to join! Overland Bound- Willamette Valley

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman