Central/Northern California Trip Ideas - Winter

• HTML tutorial

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

Sorry fellas no can do on this trip. With family coming in on Monday, just can’t pull this off while still getting thing prepped. Y’all have fun and hope to get out sooner vs later. Cheers.

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

I cruised up to Pinnacle Rock Saturday morning but didn't see anyone around there. But what a beautiful day! I took 303 up from the lake, explored the ridge, then went out Bartlett Springs Road to Bear Valley Road. I almost went up to Letts Lake to meet up with some friends but ran out of time.

IMG_0387.JPG

Reactions: RAWags

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I cruised up to Pinnacle Rock Saturday morning but didn't see anyone around there. But what a beautiful day! I took 303 up from the lake, explored the ridge, then went out Bartlett Springs Road to Bear Valley Road. I almost went up to Letts Lake to meet up with some friends but ran out of time.

View attachment 52119
Hey, sorry we weren't up there. We made the decision at 11PM on Friday to call it quits, it was extremely miserable while we were up there. I'd definitely like to get a group to try it again once we start getting better weather.

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

No worries, I didn’t think I was going to be able to make it anyway. It’s just good to be in the woods. While I was there I realized how exposed the ridge would be to wind so I’m not surprised how it turned out for you. Were you in tents or your vehicles before you gave up?

I saw one spot that looked like a recent camp site. Was that where you were?

Attachments

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

MEU(SOC), I been in negative 10 with 40 mph winds. It looks like you got great coffee weather there. Must of been fun. Also that is one reason I sleep in my truck, I don't do the tent thing anymore. I'm heading to Yosemite Valley in Dec for a few days to fish and I am hoping for some snow. My photo is just before Yosemite Park at the snow park just pass Fish Camp. Only Flurries that day. Great pictures.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

MEU(SOC), I been in negative 10 with 40 mph winds. It looks like you got great coffee weather there. Must of been fun. Also that is one reason I sleep in my truck, I don't do the tent thing anymore. I'm heading to Yosemite Valley in Dec for a few days to fish and I am hoping for some snow. My photo is just before Yosemite Park at the snow park just pass Fish Camp. Only Flurries that day. Great pictures.
Let me know if you want to plan a group trip. The place MEU(SOC) went to earlier this year has sadly been swept up in the Mendocino Complex fire.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I have Dec 20 21 22 schedule off for that trip in Yosemite to fish. I pick that area because everything else closes for the winter. I also have Oct 2 -8 opened and thought about that Mendocino area but the fires. So I planned Monache Meadow again, I go every Oct or Nov before they closed the gate. I am looking for other places to try. I am hoping for a Mojave Road trip this Oct to pop up. If a group want to meet up to camp, I'm in.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I have Dec 20 21 22 schedule off for that trip in Yosemite to fish. I pick that area because everything else closes for the winter. I also have Oct 2 -8 opened and thought about that Mendocino area but the fires. So I planned Monache Meadow again, I go every Oct or Nov before they closed the gate. I am looking for other places to try. I am hoping for a Mojave Road trip this Oct to pop up. If a group want to meet up to camp, I'm in.
I'll check my schedule at work today and I'll let you know if I can swing it.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

That's OK, I go camping again in Jan and not sure where to go in Jan. They close the gates around here which leaves very little open. The only thing open is Yosemite Valley. I try to get in as much winter camping that I can. I haven't planned January yet. In Dec I start planning my summers because I get book months in advance and I'll have to start moving clients and moving employees if I plan to late.

Jacob Silberfarb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Unsure what you have planned but Im down in Orange County, SoCal but looking for someone to do a weekend trip with somewhere. PM me!