Central Illinois | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Central Illinois

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

markCHI

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRMW384 (GMRS)
Should get my iKamper annex next week, if so, would like to head out somewhere next weekend.

Where do you all stay near galena? seen blandings landing and Mississippi palisades. Would like a spot with electric hookup if possible. Planning to buy propex, but electric for now
I stayed at Belllevue State Park. Was pretty good. Small site and good facilities, Blanding landing is REALLY close to train tracks

Scontroneboy

Rank I

Contributor II

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

I’m looking to head down there this fall, always down to wheel and camp/hike/paddle/ride. If there’s a group getting together please let me know

M_Fez

Rank III

Member III

Near St. Louis
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Blevins
Member #

We've never been. I spent a few decades on a big dual sport riding all over the country. But trucks/4x4 is still new to me. So I just don't know any decent spots/trails/fire roads here in Ill/Mo.

Scontroneboy

Rank I

Contributor II

Chicago
First Name
Franco
Last Name
Valentino
Member #

We've never been. I spent a few decades on a big dual sport riding all over the country. But trucks/4x4 is still new to me. So I just don't know any decent spots/trails/fire roads here in Ill/Mo.
I was near Mark Twain NF in March wheeling with a group and it was very cool. Also was lucky enough to score some Jeep club maps of Shawnee from a guy on the trip. More than happy to scan and send them to you

Reactions: M_Fez

M_Fez

Rank III

Member III

Near St. Louis
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Blevins
Member #

I was near Mark Twain NF in March wheeling with a group and it was very cool. Also was lucky enough to score some Jeep club maps of Shawnee from a guy on the trip. More than happy to scan and send them to you
That would be fantastic. Thanks man.