Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

What external antenna do you use, and are you using it with your iPhone?
I'm using one I bought from Australia on eBay several years ago. Not sure it does all the frequency ranges but OK on GSM. I got fed up with the stick on ones that came in the car phone kits and decided to upgrade to something that might actually work in remote areas. Yes I use it with my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
It's all about the antenna! No bar no boost! Buy a good brand of high db booster then get the best db antenna. The higher the better! Rf does not use rules in the field only paper!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Been a couple months, any new king of the Cell Boosters? I just want one I can set up in camp running off DC power.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I'm not that convinced about boosters... you can't boost what isn't there in the first place. That said I make sure and use a cradle for the phone that allows for an external antenna connection. That way I get the best of the signal into the vehicle and to the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Signal booster not only boost the transmit power but have a lower signal to noise ratio (expensive parts) that allow a weaker signal to be received.

Reactions: Downs