Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

What pa speaker/horn are any of you using with your cb radio? Are you just running the normal 15w or are you going larger and amplifying? My wife said she wants to be able to use the pa function on our uniden bearcat pro505xl so here i am in search of a speaker/horn that doesnt suck and can be heard clearly.

Gen5Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jacksonville, FL, USA (North Mandarin)
First Name
J
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WG5RNR
OB 18873 - looking for advice on communications gear that will allow me to work and play! I am a
PM that works remotely and I want to take the show on the road where cell service isn’t guaranteed. What gear have you found that will allow for teleconferencing and laptop communication / presentations via SKYPE?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

OB 18873 - looking for advice on communications gear that will allow me to work and play! I am a
PM that works remotely and I want to take the show on the road where cell service isn’t guaranteed. What gear have you found that will allow for teleconferencing and laptop communication / presentations via SKYPE?
No idea i dont use skype or even own a computer anymore, im using a samsung galaxy to use internet and stream to a smart tv. Someone else probably knows more than me but it sounds like you want sattelite

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@Boostpowered I don't have experience with PA speakers but would imagine a 15w speaker mounted behind the grille so that it isn't muffled as much by engine noise would work ok... unless the wife is wanting to use it to yell at people as she drive's down the road, then get the loudest one you can. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: FFJOORD

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I am using this speaker:

and this PA for my Uniden Bearcat 980SSB CB and works great! I always forget I have the PA.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

@Boostpowered I don't have experience with PA speakers but would imagine a 15w speaker mounted behind the grille so that it isn't muffled as much by engine noise would work ok... unless the wife is wanting to use it to yell at people as she drive's down the road, then get the loudest one you can. :tearsofjoy:
Thats exactly what she wants to do, yell at people who sit at stop lights too long on their phone.

Reactions: 64Trvlr