Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Davison
Member #

I will post a photo of this (way to expensive) sleeve when it arrives from The Overland Tailor. Looks very well made, so stay tuned.

JPOVS

Rank I

Contributor III

MN
I picked a Lodge cast iron reversible griddle/grill last year. I'd like to have a bag of some sort to store it in while in the kitchen box, to keep it from being scratched and/or keep the oil of off other items. Some time ago, I saw someone making carry bags for cast iron stuff, but I didn't bookmark it and now I don't remember where I saw it. The only thing I can find now is this.

Has anyone seen something like that? Failing that, how do you all store your cast iron in your kitchen/chuck boxes?

Try one of these, I own both. One for my square aluminum frying (BWJ) and other to store for my plates and bowls. There both heavy duty, quality items.

Aina

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Highland Village, TX, USA
First Name
Aina
Last Name
Fairchild
This is a good idea, lots of great suggestions in this thread, thanks! Currently, I have the same griddle as it fits perfectly on my Coleman stove. I just have some old dish towels I put on top of it and it goes in the very bottom of the kitchen box.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Here are the pouches I made.

This one has three dividers sown into it to eliminate rattling and to protect the pans.

20200503_182602.jpg

I like the cast iron pan without a handle because it is more compact. I made up a handle that slides into the slots so cooking with it is the same as a frying pan.

20200503_182459.jpg

This is how it all fits into my kitchen storage bin. There are two pouches the bottom one has a single burner stove in it the the top one is my pan.

20200503_182730.jpg

Last edited:

Polytal8

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Talisien
Last Name
B
My wife used old towels and sewed sleeves (bags) for our cast.
Yep. I also do this. I sew a sleeve using a doubled towel. It will keep any grease away from other things and has the added bonus of being able to handle a little heat, if I have packed before the cast iron has fully cooled.