Cape Lookout, NC

• HTML tutorial

Stratz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madison, AL
Member #

Cape Lookout North Carolina is one of the most peaceful beaches I've ever been to In My Life! It requires a ferry to even get to the island. We used a small family-owned business call Davis Ferry. Four-wheel drive is definitely recommended, because you're driving on a beach ground clearance isn't a huge deal. I did camped on the beach, however, there is also cabins you can rent, there is also a bathhouse by the cabins. When you arrive at the island you do need to submit paperwork to get a driving on the beach pass, which is available on Cape Lookout website. Make sure you bring bug spray! Go and relax!

Attachments

Dlcrawler

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stow, Ohio
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Lau
Member #

How many days did you stay?? My wife and I are looking to do this in the beginning of August. Starting to make plans now, we will be driving from Akron ohio. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin

Reactions: Stratz

Stratz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madison, AL
Member #

How many days did you stay?? My wife and I are looking to do this in the beginning of August. Starting to make plans now, we will be driving from Akron ohio. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin
I stayed for 4 nights. There are no real stores there, so take everything you need. As I said before tag bug spray the green head horse fly are the only down side there. Keep an eye on the high tide. Also the further south you go the beach gets wider I camped about to miles south of the cabins and I really didn't see any people.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Dlcrawler