Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Hello all,

I'm looking for a decent camping spot near Beatty NV to stay one night at before heading into Death Valley for a week. My plan is to drive from Colorado to Beatty and either provision up that night or the next morning before going into the park. Can anyone suggest a place to stay? I'll be in my Jeep with a RTT pulling a trailer with another RTT.

Thanks.

Reactions: T-88

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
There are several RV parks/campgrounds in Beatty. The Bullfrog BLM Land area is near thee but I don’t know of any specific camping spots.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Etoimos

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Thanks @1Louder . I pulled Bullfrong up on the internet and it is listed as free dispersed, first come first served camping. Google maps shows it as just a couple of campsites on some side dirt roads. That should be find for what we need that night.

Reactions: 1Louder

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
We camped here February of last year:

In case the picture doesn't make it clear enough, that is Google's Satellite view, Beatty is at the right, that is the 374 coming out of Beatty. Coming out of Beatty you climb the hill, make the bend and then there is a dirt road on your right. We just went a ways back until we found some level places.

Don't be surprised if you are visited by burros overnight.

You can swing through Rhyolite without even getting back on the 374.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Thanks @Anak , that is the exact area where I was thinking of setting up. It looks like there is plenty of room to find a spot even if others are already there.

And it looks cold in that pic!

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
It was more wet than cold. We came in right on the heels of a good storm.

There was no dry lake bed to be found. OTOH, it made for some nice pictures, reflecting the mountains behind.

And we didn't go nearly as far up that road as we normally would in order to camp. There was some nice, sticky clay to load up on the farther in we went.

But yes, there was plenty of room.

Plenty of opportunity to clean up broken glass and spent shell casings too.

Roy L Mankins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pahrump, NV
Member #

Thanks @Anak , that is the exact area where I was thinking of setting up. It looks like there is plenty of room to find a spot even if others are already there.

And it looks cold in that pic!
Just south of Beatty is a nice pond, wind breaks, and smoe fishing. No problem camping, 1/2 mile south of Beatty. Gravel not clay, might be important since it is raining hard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Just south of Beatty is a nice pond, wind breaks, and smoe fishing. No problem camping, 1/2 mile south of Beatty. Gravel not clay, might be important since it is raining hard.
Thanks Roy. m I'm not seeing anything 1/2 mile south of Beatty. Are you talking about the area right at the intersection of Vanderbilt Road and Hwy 95?

Roy L Mankins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pahrump, NV
Member #

Thanks Roy. m I'm not seeing anything 1/2 mile south of Beatty. Are you talking about the area right at the intersection of Vanderbilt Road and Hwy 95?
95 south of Beatty, just past the small mountain. Coming from the north, at the junction where the intersection with stop sign is, Turn left to stay on 95, approx 1 mile, as soon as you are south of mountain, on West side of road. May be difficult to see on Google Earth. Right at base of mountain, west side. Very nice spot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk