Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
First Name
Amberleigh
Last Name
Bowers
Member #

So I'm looking for some ideas for kitchen trailers for our camping and overlanding excursions. My husband trail.runner.bowser and I already have a trailer base to work with, but now we need some inspiration on how to go about building the actual kitchen part. If any of you wonderful people have something like this, I would LOVE to see your set ups!

Picture for reference, and NOT mine.

Attachments

Reactions: Trail Runner Bowser

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I would think a lot of the outside rear kitchens on tear drops would provide some ideas that could prove useful for a side opening kitchen.

Here's a quick search for Teardrop Kitchen DIY with a lot of interesting info from a wide variety of sources.

Reactions: bowserwafer

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

try this..

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
No offense to your idea, but in my opinion if you are going to tow a trailer of similar size to the photo you posted, you might as well make it a sleeping platform as well. I agree with @Road that most teardrop platforms with a rear galley are very functional. I have an off-road teadrop and the rear galley is wonderful for cooking and storing what you need to cook. Just my $0.02.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
IMG_4576.JPGIMG_4577.JPGIMG_4583.JPG here is my camp kitchen . Simple and everything we need. Instant hot water stove light and table. We use a colapsable bucket next to the stove for a sink.