• HTML tutorial

Rhino416

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Toronto
Member #

Hello OB members from ON and QC.

Anyone heading to Overland Expo east later this month?

I am planning to drive down there ...would be a long drive back and forth. Haven't been to Overland expo before and been following threads and just ogling at the rigs at such events.

If anyone is interested we could convoy....better than slabbing it alone.
I am based in Toronto and I am looking to start the trip on Sep 28 after work....around 6ish and get back on Sunday.
So essentially a day and half at the expo.

Ping me on this thread if interested.....and we can coordinate.

Cheers

RMEWanderer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Horseshoe Valley, Ontario
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Bachmann
I did it last year from Barrie to Ashville. It was on thanksgiving weekend, so we had an extra day on Monday. I left 4pm on Thursday. I didn't take the interstate, went smaller highways with a teardrop trailer. About 14 hours each way. Google lies!
Took almost 2 hours to do the last 30 miles into Ashville. Friday night rush hour. I'm not sure if they changed the checkin procedure for this year but it closed around 6pm last year. We were almost left stranded with nowhere to camp. Finally convinced someone to let me past security with promises that I would be waiting when they opened the door to register in the morning.
Was a great show despite the hurricane that landed on the east side of NC.
I would do it again but would take an extra day for driving. (Make it 5 total). My navigator won't drive the rig with a trailer (yet...)
Going to pass this year. Best of luck.

Reactions: Rhino416

Rhino416

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Toronto
Member #

Thanks for info RMEWanderer.
Glad to hear it was worth the drive....Reading this a bit more determined to head out.
Hoping there are some restless wanderers reading this thread to slab it back and forth.

Hosemonkey143

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bradford, Ontario
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brouwer
Member #

Thanks for info RMEWanderer.
Glad to hear it was worth the drive....Reading this a bit more determined to head out.
Hoping there are some restless wanderers reading this thread to slab it back and forth.
Ill be heading down tomorrow bright and early. Planning on just doing the single day saturday.

Cheers,

Pete