Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Anyone else have a Braxton Creek Bushwacker?

We've had ours for about a year now, and love this thing. We've made a few upgrades, but its really comfortable, has all the amenities we want, and so far has gone where ever we pull it with no issues.

1598888278890.png 1598888406395.png

1598888597475.png

resqr1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Omaha
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ramaeker
Member #

Got mine a week before the panic virus shut everything down. Only been out once, but it did everything I asked it to. Only issue is that garbage Coleman "refrigerator" Took it out and used it as a cooler (only thing it's worth). Put a generator in its place.

Reactions: OutdoorTxs

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Got mine a week before the panic virus shut everything down. Only been out once, but it did everything I asked it to. Only issue is that garbage Coleman "refrigerator" Took it out and used it as a cooler (only thing it's worth). Put a generator in its place.
Yeah, that coleman is terrible. The fan on that thing runs non stop too, and kills your battery. I built a slide out tray for a cooler in its place.

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

We traveled with a couple that had just picked up a 2020 Braxton Creek Bushwacker this summer. The rear hatch was problematic with water leaks at the hing during rainy periods and gas struts that were pulling out of their mounting points. They took it back to the factory... I think the factory replaced the hatch. The Coleman cooler uses thermoelectric technology which is very inefficient mine used about 70 Watts an hour 24 hours a day (1,680 Watts a day). I replaced it with a compressor type refrigerator which uses 280 Watts a day and can freeze as well as maintain a desired setting. The difference is only in initial purchase price; and that is considerable.

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

I'm looking into a new more efficient fridge as well. Think I'll be rebuilding the kitchen to accommodate one.

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Ive done a few mods to mine. Glad to help any way I can if you have any questions on things ive done

Last edited:
U

UgotWheelz

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Do you still have the Bushwacker how are you liking it this far? I’m considering getting a 10HD or the larger Bushwacker 17 plus.
Yep ! Ive still got it, 2+ years and its still going strong. Ive made alot of modifications to it along the way, but its still a great trailer. Mine was one of the early models, so alot of the issues have been address in the later models like the HD. Ive got some vids on the tube, and pics and stuff on my website of some of the mods Ive mad, and stuff I used to load it out. If you wanna check it out - OutdoorTxs.com

1661545527245.png

Reactions: UgotWheelz
U

UgotWheelz

Do you still have the Bushwacker how are you liking it this far? I’m considering getting a 10HD or the larger Bushwacker 17 plus.
Yep ! Ive still got it, 2+ years and its still going strong. Ive made alot of modifications to it along the way, but its still a great trailer. Mine was one of the early models, so alot of the issues have been address in the later models like the HD. Ive got some vids on the tube, and pics and stuff on my website of some of the mods Ive mad, and stuff I used to load it out. If you wanna check it out - OutdoorTxs.com

View attachment 239111
Ok Yes I’ve actually seen your YouTube clips already in my research of this trailer

OutdoorTxs

Rank IV

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sol
Member #

Keep in mind, this is an assembly line built, manufactured trailer. Quality control isnt the best, as you'll find with any RV, and you might find some minor things that need to be cleaned out, tightened ect. If your at least somewhat handy, you'll have no trouble working on it, modifying, or repairing. its a pretty simple build. For the price, its a great trailer, and comes loaded out.

Reactions: RatAssassin