Big Bear / San Bernadino National Forest

• HTML tutorial

Tuns of Fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler II

Imperial Beach, CA (San Diego)
Member #

IMG_5706.JPG IMG_5722.JPG IMG_5697.JPG IMG_5778.JPG Found out this weekend that Big Bear has way more to offer than i had imagined. There are miles and miles of truck trail and wilderness to explore. I initially found my route via google maps satellite view. I started off the 38 at Hatchery road. its not a long trail into Moonridge area of big but i was completely solo so i wanted to start out easy. The next day we went up to the top of snow summit, very mellow trail. tons of mountain bikes up there but a beautiful drive down the north side of summit with a view of the lake. The ranger station has maps too if the phone maps don't work for you. there are trail all over the area, long and short. there's a few that go all the way from the bottom of the mountain to the top, probably an entire days worth and may even need an overnight camp spot. And since its a national forest dispersed camping is allowed everywhere. The fire restrictions are pretty heavy right now but still a beautiful are with lots of area to explore. Good luck, can't wait to get back out there.

Last edited:

Shapelly

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yermo, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Shapel
Member #

White Mountain Trail is pretty easy, with great scenery. Also Skyline Trail is the next best scenic trail, with three group camping spots.

Reactions: Tuns of Fun