Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
Hi Adam,

I used a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 for several years as navigation device.

But it was getting old and slowly. Because I was very satisfied with the old one (robust, no probs offroad, no probs in cold or heat) I recently ordered a Samsung Active Pro. I've also done a few shorttrips with the new tablet in the rig already:
  • good satellite reception in the vehicle; Here I was not sure when ordered the new one, because I have often heard that this is often not the case with various (newer) tablets and an external antenna would be necessary - not in my case.
  • The device itself is significantly heavier than my old Samsung, time will tell how it works with the holder
  • definitely makes a very robust impression
  • easy to read even in sunlight
  • so far no problem with switching off in the heat - here I had also heard lately that it was a problem with some tablets. Anyway, this was completely unknown to me from my old one rugged tablet - it didn't matter whether 45 + degrees in the car in the sun or "shock-frozen" at minus 30 - no problems, time will tell if this new one is also such robust
  • AND of course it is much faster compared to my aged tablet, zooming and scrolling the map is superfast and makes fun again.
Just my impressions...

Bjoern
Looking for a good rugged tablet PC / GPS navigation unit