Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Grizzly is bedlined front to back top to bottom. don't have to worry about Arizona pinstriping, if you're not worried about your paint this is the next best option . I did it myself . pressure wash it clean the windows you're done. Product I use a Dupli-Color color bed liner with Kevlar $ 100 bucks and you should do it twice so $200 . Mine is only the first coat . just make sure the surface is prepped well. 20170611_115832.jpg

Disc04

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Terre Haute, IN
Member #

Looks good. I've wanted to do this for a while. Did u do the underbelly as well in an effort to combat any rust/corrosion?

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

No I didn't do the under side because of fabrication welding body stiffening that is still needs to take place so I didn't want to have to grind it all off. I also live in Arizona we don't have a lot of rust here you can let something sit out for 3 years and it won't rust hardly at all. Once all the modifications are done and bumpers are installed and rock sliders then I'll probably do the underside. Believe it or not there's cheap was a bright red . Jeep but all the paint and clearcoat was coming off of it because the Jeep sat for a long time exposed to the elements, there's a whole story behind this Jeep and how it got to be the way it is

Disc04

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Terre Haute, IN
Member #

Makes sense. You're lucky to not really be effected by rust in AZ. Make sure to post pics of all those upgrades coming up. Good luck and safe travels.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@ZJ GRIZZLY

Dupli-Color color bed liner with Kevlar $ 100 bucks and you should do it twice so $200 . Mine is only the first coat . just make sure the surface is prepped well.
How long did this take?
What surface prep was required?
Any special tools needed? did you remove or tape off your glass and trim?

After seeing your rig I'm kind of thinking of doing my 97 Tacoma since the clearcoat is starting to crack and bubble.

Boort

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

@ZJ GRIZZLY

How long did this take?
What surface prep was required?
Any special tools needed? did you remove or tape off your glass and trim?

After seeing your rig I'm kind of thinking of doing my 97 Tacoma since the clearcoat is starting to crack and bubble.

Boort
If you go to the Overland vehicle build thread on Page Six look for the birth of grizzly thread. It shows some pictures of the sanding process. I sanded the body really well got in all the nooks and crannies then I primer the body with a good primer and then I bedlined with one kit of the Dupli-Color bed liner. The kit gives you a roller and paint brush and things you need to apply with. You're supposed to do two coats I've only done one coat so far . I went over the whole truck and did it with a paintbrush to make sure that I got it in all the cracks in creases of the body panels. I taped off all the rubber seals there was no need to tape off the windows because I wasn't spraying anything you just don't want to drip it on the Windows because if it drys it's hard to get off so that's your choice to tape off the windows if need be . I do plan to do a second coat I've had the first coat on since June of 2016 and have not had any issues with it coming off once the stuff goes on it does not come off so be sure that you want to do this to your vehicle. I had the same problem with my paint all the clear coat and paint was coming off because of the Arizona heat was baking it off there was no good paint left on the top flat surfaces of the vehicle. Just be sure prior to applying you clean and prep the surface make sure it's clean of dust and any grease or dirt and then apply . I'm open for any questions that you may have. Again the product that I use is called Dupli-Color bed liner with chunks of kevlar in it. Which is may also made in different colors . There are other bed lining products one called Raptor they also make bed lining they make it in different colors also. Once the body was prepped it took me about 2 to 3 hours but I'm very meticulous or and how I wanted it to look, like I said I also still have to do another coat of it but I don't have to do all the nooks and crannies I just have to roll it all the flat surfaces now it won't be as hard and I'll have a lot of excess left over from the second kit for any touch up stuff that I would need to do . They also have the same stuff in a spray can for touch up work it is the same exact product that's in the kit they sell them together at O'Reilly Auto Parts or AutoZone to Bob $100 a kit it's on sale the last time I was there a couple days ago it was on sale for about 75 bucks for the kit so it goes on sale periodically I ended up getting mine the first time for 75 bucks it's on sale again

Last edited: