Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

How many of you bring a bbq? Even a mini one. I currently do but feel it could be left home. Unless we have a fire ban on. Just curious if anyone else does too. Feel free to vote and/or comment.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We used to have a small square grill that the legs collapsed on that we took out a couple times but when the body rotted out we didn't replace it. We've talked about getting one of the small Weber kettles (Smoky Joe?) to carry with us but mainly for use on the beach.

In camp we use a Coleman stove or cook on the fire.

Nef

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingman, AZ, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Malave
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC2UD
I have a Coleman stove that has one burner the rest is grill.

Reactions: Graeman

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Depends on if we're taking Burgers or Steak. Normally the Grill stays at home. Don't want to invite the bears into camp.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

We usually have our Bushpig BBQ with us on trips. I like the fact it’s a closed box so you can carry the ashes away with you if needed. Also great as a fire pit.
http://www.bush-pig.co.uk/

Last edited:

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

we ( the wife & I ) take a small Weber Smokey Joe for grilling deer steaks, beef steaks, pork steaks, chicken & veggies. I made attachment from 3\16" thick steal same circumference with handles as the out of the grill that sit's off top of the edge about 3\4" work much like a griddle to make all kinds of different tacos or what ever flash cook fast.

If were camping wit our son Andrew & his family in a public camp ground I'll bring a Weber Smokey Mountain cooker BBQ smoke pork butts, brisket w\point, ribs
012.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SandmanTRD

SandmanTRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mercedes, TX, USA
Member #

we ( the wife & I ) take a small Weber Smokey Joe for grilling deer steaks, beef steaks, pork steaks, chicken & veggies. I made attachment from 3\16" thick steal same circumference with handles as the out of the grill that sit's off top of the edge about 3\4" work much like a griddle to make all kinds of different tacos or what ever flash cook fast.

If were camping wit our son Andrew & his family in a public camp ground I'll bring a Weber Smokey Mountain cooker BBQ smoke pork butts, brisket w\point, ribs
View attachment 79540
Gotta love the WSM! I’m actually thinking about getting a Weber Jumbo Joe for camping.

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

How many of you bring a bbq? Even a mini one. I currently do but feel it could be left home. Unless we have a fire ban on. Just curious if anyone else does too. Feel free to vote and/or comment.
Do you mean a grill? I bring a grate to use over a fire, or if there is a ban on open fires, a little portable thing and some lump charcoal.

If I were to bring a BBQ, that would mean having a whole hog, tater salad, cole slaw, beans, and lots of sauce.

Reactions: TerryD

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Do you mean a grill? I bring a grate to use over a fire, or if there is a ban on open fires, a little portable thing and some lump charcoal.

If I were to bring a BBQ, that would mean having a whole hog, tater salad, cole slaw, beans, and lots of sauce.
I mean a black box that uses propane or charcoal to cook food. We use propane during fire bans, but charcoal is acceptable in those situations too.

Temudjin

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cashmere QLD 4500 Australia
Member #

I always carry a SnowPeak folding fire pit - the small size because I rarely cook for more than 2 or 3 - along with some charcoal. It's great way to cook as nothing beats those smoky, charcoal aromas of cooking meat, fish and veggies. And after cooking I can add some wood for a fire that is up off up the ground and leaves no fire scars. Being stainless steel it does not rust and is easy to clean. And it folds into a flat package about 14" to 15" square and less than 2 inches thick. Sorry the photo doesn't do the fire pit justice but the three cattleman's cutlets weighed in at a little over 5 pounds and were spectacular!!Steak.jpg

Reactions: Rexplorer