GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
Well here's my new project. Full Overland trailer with some ideas for drawer system from papadave . Will be grinding off all welds than disassemble for sand blasting. After my customers projects of course :) So take a look love to hear any ideas or help anyone who is building the same model. The oak flooring on top is going to be for the floor of the trailer along with stainless steel dividers. CheersIMG_20190802_143144.jpgIMG_20190802_143156.jpgIMG_20190802_143144.jpgIMG_20190802_143156.jpg

GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
What are your plans for the axle and tongue?
Going to remove existing tongue and build three axis coupler. As for axles I'm not sure looking at Dexter and Rockwell not sure if i am going with brakes or not want to set it up like it's military brother and add a hand break for when disconnected from vehicle and tent is up. Any thought??

RubiVaughn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Nevada, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vaughn
Member #

Grim

Looks like a solid foundation

We’re building one as we speak

RubiVaughn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Nevada, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vaughn
Member #

Thanks but I can’t take credit for the fabrication

That’s all my friends awesome talent. Johnny Perez He has all jaked up 4x4 in Winnemuca NV

Reactions: GRIMGPR

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Going to remove existing tongue and build three axis coupler. As for axles I'm not sure looking at Dexter and Rockwell not sure if i am going with brakes or not want to set it up like it's military brother and add a hand break for when disconnected from vehicle and tent is up. Any thought??
I’ve seen a few different tongue builds that all seemed to function well, really depends on how far off the beaten path you intend to drag the trailer. I think 48” is roughly where I want to be but mine doubles as a kayak carrier in the summer. I definitely want brakes on mine, the TJs stopping power is lackluster as is without 1k pounds of trailer pushing it. Brakes also allow added maneuverability off-road if you can manually engage them and pivot the trailer. A hand brake would be fantastic if only for peace of mind even, love to see what you come up with on that.
One thing to consider, I read a t3c build with a large rtt and the first run through real terrain bent the body due to all the weight so I’m looking at ways to reinforce mine without greatly altering the original look.
Do you know what number yours is? Mine is #143.

GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
Thanks but I can’t take credit for the fabrication

That’s all my friends awesome talent. Johnny Perez He has all jaked up 4x4 in Winnemuca NV
One big question i have is the tent structure those side pillars do they raise up ? And do you have any close-up pics. Ok a bunch of questions hahaha. Is that a water tank on the front? Well a lot more questions but my wife is giving me the look. Time to take the jeep for a ride :) talk to you later my friend.
Cheers

RubiVaughn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Nevada, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vaughn
Member #

Grim

Fixed posts on mine. That one in the picture is adjustable. We went fixed for less moving parts to break

Yes - 30 gallon fresh water tank

Shoot me your email and I’ll send you my build list