Launch Member

Contributor I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Barney
Member #

Good morning. I have a trip coming up and will be going to Baja for a week. Any tips on Border crossing /anything would be appreciated.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Get you Mexican Ins, from BajaBound.com they have very good instructions on boarder crossing
I would go through San Ysidro. Stay as far to the right as you can and get you tourist permit. Pak in the declare laned and go into the building to the left as you exit you rig. They'll help you with it, than go across the border. As you come out of the multi lane say to the far right and head towards "Ensenada toll road". Come back via Otay Mesa or Tecate. If you go through Tecate be very careful of the police.
Where are you going I can give you more info.

Barney1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Barney
Member #

Thanks for the reply. We’re going to be driving south to Erenderia for the first night and continue south on the pacific side. Then colonet shipwrecks and ending in San quintin.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Cool ,think about driving Punta San Jose road and turning south to Erendira instead, it's very pretty and a fun drive. You skip the road work wait too. Or you can do your trip and if you have time jump back out there on the way home. Stop at Coyote Cals and get directions to the bat cave. The road along the coast is pretty torn up from the races, it's slow but very doable. Go over to the False bay in SQ and check out La Ostionera de Bahia Falsa. La Ostionera de Bahía Falsa has Facebook page.