Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
GOODAY A local (uk) 4x4 dealer is stocking Iron man gear how do you lot down south rate it.
All input welcome BnT

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Not from Down under, but yes, good quality kit. West Coast 4x4 just up the road from me have made an excellent living selling Iron Man Kit on reputation.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Not from Down under, but yes, good quality kit. West Coast 4x4 just up the road from me have made an excellent living selling Iron Man Kit on reputation.
Yeh i know the lads well He will be at. Donninton at the weekend know doupt i like to ask about gear from the origin, Me cuz runs it in aussy but thought id ask a bigger audience on here

Ulysses

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Tannum Sands - Boyne Island, Queensland, Australia
First Name
carl
Last Name
tunstall
Member #

Sorry Mate not sure if this helps you. I do pop into the Ironman stores when I’m splashing out on the truck but end up choosing another brand.
I.e there rated recovery points and bull bars looked good quality for the price but I ended up paying the extra and went ARB in the end because ARB’s looked way better quality. But Ironman drawer systems were twice the price of Titan drawers with little difference on quality. I guess at the end of the day I haven’t heard any complaints about Ironman kit here and they seem to have a good reputation - they are not selling top end stuff but its not cheap rubbish either. There are Ironman store everywhere here in Sydney so I guess if they weren’t selling good stuff for the money they would be as popular right?
- Ulysses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aussie571

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Top man for getting back thats the feed back iam getting people seem to buy it as a stop gap then go for the next level arb etc , this is why am asking do you think its the colour and there brash advertising , ive got the kettle and bowl and nealy bought the fridge but held off. Their pricing seems eratic some things seem cheap then some seem to pricey , ive got family in the gong He uses arb and wants me to send some front runner stuff he can not get in auss ill keep an eye on the feed back onec again ta for your imput Bnt

Ulysses

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Tannum Sands - Boyne Island, Queensland, Australia
First Name
carl
Last Name
tunstall
Member #

Front Runner have an Aussie site and your Gong rellies can order any front runner products from there. Their kit and accessories look good and I did think about FR before going Rhino - good look.
Nb I miss my Donny in the Park race weekends. Plenty of motorheads there so TJM should do well.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Front Runner have an Aussie site and your Gong rellies can order any front runner products from there. Their kit and accessories look good and I did think about FR before going Rhino - good look.
Nb I miss my Donny in the Park race weekends. Plenty of motorheads there so TJM should do well.

. Its a rack they dont stock in aussy for his defender. Donny 4x4 show end of the month. You an excile then lol wish i could get down there just can not find the time at the mo got me heart set on the pilly and the teley track . Oh and frazire island me rellies lol love that , keep doin me head in bombarding me with picture of their Fishing trips and wheeling. Looks like gods country to me

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I like the Ironman 4x4 products. If I didn't have my 22qt. 12v. Engel I would of bought their 30L 12v. fridg\freez. It pulls the same amps per hour as my Engel
Ah he stocks them , i went for the cooler option but think ill put a mobile fridge in my trailer

AndyH

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Warriewood NSW, Australia
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hempsall
Member #

I've used Ironman gear in the past and found it to be ok, as has previously been said it's not top end stuff, but certainly better than a lot of gear out there. They do do a lot of their own R and D on the stuff they sell.

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

GOODAY A local (uk) 4x4 dealer is stocking Iron man gear how do you lot down south rate it.
All input welcome BnT
Haven't used Ironman myself..but a couple of club members do and reckon its good gear...I'm now thinking of getting a set of Ironman rear shocks to try!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

markwths

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wodonga, Australia
Member #

I don't think much of the Iron Man suspension, We came across a Toyota Hilux on the Tanami Track last year and its front struts / shocks were bent like a banana. Ceasing up the suspension in the front. He made it to Halls Creek and took it to the authorised Toyota mechanic and got them replaced front and back with another brand. We caught up with him later again at the Bungle Bungles and filled us in.

Last edited: