Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) ?

• HTML tutorial

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

Has anyone done the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) before?
It is a 750- mile route that runs from the border up to Utah, here is a link for more info Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR) Map & Information

A buddy and I are looking to take 10 days laving from Texas to do the rout in April of 2020, looking to see if anyone has any good tips or if anyone would like to come along.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Here's a similar thread: AzBDR to Expo West

It's a nice trip. Although the section that used to be on the indian reservation (out to the Little Colorado) north of Flagstaff is no longer available. I believe too many people were trespassing and the nation no longer issues permits. Always subject to change I'm sure.

The same applies to the section from Globe to Young. The trail is going to be closed soon although there are folks trying to keep it open. The trail is in need of repair due to erosion damage.

Just a heads up on all of this. There may be more current info. Just do you own research outside of what is posted on the BDR website.

Reactions: csacco

Phessor

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
I did sections 1 and 2 last year and sections 3-6 last month.
Fun trip for sure.

Phessor

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DTM
The Cherry Creek road between section 5 and 6 has a large boulder blocking the trail and past that the trail has been washed out. Take the eastern route 202 road, to the Young road and then on to hwy 260.

Reactions: samsara