First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715

Join us for Brunch & A Bonfire

I’ll be at the Enumclaw Safeway @ 8:30 Sunday morning.

Planning to see if we can make it to Lonesome Lake, but we’ll play it by ear depending on snow.

Hoping to find a spot to have a campfire and cook some brunch.

Reactions: jdunk

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Where are you thinking about having the meetup location?

I should read messages in order. If I had, I'd know that the answer was TBD Greenwater.
LOL
We all do that sometimes.. No worries.

I have a couple ideas and will put out an invite to do some evening scouting runs.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'm tentatively planning to go scout some areas this weekend. Reach out if you're interested in an exploratory trail run in the Greenwater area. I have to finish my fender-liner project tonight, but I should be able to go either Saturday or Sunday.

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
I\'m tentatively planning to go scout some areas this weekend. Reach out if you\'re interested in an exploratory trail run in the Greenwater area. I have to finish my fender-liner project tonight, but I should be able to go either Saturday or Sunday.
@a12houk curious where the snow level is up in Greenwater. Wanted to go explore up there this weekend but not a fan or rather I haven't played too much in the snow. I have all the recovery gear which includes a winch and boards.

Reactions: a12houk

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
@a12houk curious where the snow level is up in Greenwater. Wanted to go explore up there this weekend but not a fan or rather I haven't played too much in the snow. I have all the recovery gear which includes a winch and boards.
Last weekend the snow was pretty low, and extremely wet & heavy. I was by myself, still having some tire rubbing, and didn't really feel like airing down. So I didn't push at all. Right now isn't the time of year I enjoy snow.

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
Last weekend the snow was pretty low, and extremely wet & heavy. I was by myself, still having some tire rubbing, and didn't really feel like airing down. So I didn't push at all. Right now isn't the time of year I enjoy snow.
Thank you for the info.
I think we decided to go to Elbe and run Scott Turner Road and maybe go over to Gifford. Not sure.
I am not a fan of snow - only because I haven't really played in it other then commuting to work when required. And I am typically running solo and don't want to push it either.
Hopefully it will be great for camping in April! So ecstatic to get the season going!! Ready for the Mountains!

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I just posted in a different forum, but I don’t have time to pre scout a location.

How about if we meet at the Enumclaw Safeway and see what we find?

Could be awesome, could be a dud.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I can’t do the camp. Have to work my side hustle on Saturday.

I’ll be there Sunday with a couple interesting ideas in mind.

I pushed the time back just a smidge.

Reactions: A.Desert.Creature

Happy Buddha

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

University Place, WA, USA
First Name
BJ
Last Name
Herman
Member #

My son is redeploying back to Whidbey today and has asked to spend time with the family this weekend. All that to say that I am now unable to join up on Sunday. Have fun.

Altaholic

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montesano, WA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Payton
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Do you have a GPX file of the area you're thinking of? I know you pushed one out a few months ago but I can't find the old thread.

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Do you have a GPX file of the area you're thinking of? I know you pushed one out a few months ago but I can't find the old thread.
Not immediately available.
We’ll chat in the morning and see what everybody is in the mood for.

We’ll get into snow pretty quickly.

Altaholic

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montesano, WA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Payton
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Well, good day today. Snow got a little deep for me pretty quick and I appreciate the willingness to explore some of the lower elevations. Looking forward to next month. Thanks for having me along!

Reactions: A.Desert.Creature