Apps

• HTML tutorial

CPO Flatrock

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gaia. and followed by avenza, back country navigator, my trails, alpine maps and a slew of others. Try several of them for free from google and/or itunes and you can upgrade the ones you like for 5 to 20 bucks.
I also went with a non connected tablet that does not have gps when no wifi. I have a garmibn glo that I connect to through bluetooth. works for me and I favor gaia (upgraded). YMMV!

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I think I'm going to purchase GAIA GPS over the weekend. But I want to backup and delete a ton of photos and videos I have on my iPhone to make room before I do that. That will give me room to download maps for offline use.

CPO Flatrock

Rank 0

Contributor I

One advantage to an Android tab is most all of them allow for micro SD cards for expanded storage and /or separate data bases for maps unlike the Apple products that have fixed storage.food for thought. I have been using a 7 inch tab and it suits my aging eyes.

Reactions: dziner

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
"Roadside" (by RoadsideAmerica.com) is a very handy app for road-tripping. It tells you about cool things to see nearby. It's $3 (which includes one region). Access to all regions is another $6. Well worth it!

RSA_App.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 10.26.48 AM.png

RSA_Screen.jpg

Reactions: dziner