Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I’m in the foothills triad area..... lenoir, Morganton, hickory area. Anyone close to the area. I travel to the tri-cities TN area quite often to visit family.
First off... nice handle... are we related?

I live south of you. Right on the other side of the state line. I am new to overland, I have a brand new rig w/ brand new modifications, & I need some guidance on where exactly is a good place to go that is fun.

Reactions: GroundedLP

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
First off... nice handle... are we related?

I live south of you. Right on the other side of the state line. I am new to overland, I have a brand new rig w/ brand new modifications, & I need some guidance on where exactly is a good place to go that is fun.
Likewise. A lot of people go to uwharrie because it has so many different skill level areas. I’ve not been down there but I hear about it a lot. We are taking a trip next weekend to brown mountain OHV trails then camping in the mountains that night. There’s a planning page for it and there’s a meetup in Charlotte soon too. May actually be this Saturday.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Likewise. A lot of people go to uwharrie because it has so many different skill level areas. I’ve not been down there but I hear about it a lot. We are taking a trip next weekend to brown mountain OHV trails then camping in the mountains that night. There’s a planning page for it and there’s a meetup in Charlotte soon too. May actually be this Saturday.
Right on. I’m definitely down for a meetup but I couldn’t find anything outside of a brown mountain trip the first weekend of April (that I won’t be able to make). I’ve been a little wary of the OHV parks because my ride is untested thus far. It’s a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with a 2” lift and 30” Kuhmo ATs on it. I am still planning on putting on wheel spacers, stronger sway bars, a rally/bull bar with trail lights. I decided to go w/ something a little different than the Jeeps & Trucks you usually see. The flat 6 boxer motor, symmetrical AWD w/ it’s X-Mode should make it a pretty stout battlewagon. My last 2 Subies were pretty awesome off the pavement and they were stock & they both had the 4-banger. I can’t wait to see what the new 1 will do w/ it’s insane amount of ground clearance, bigger motor, & beefy tires.

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
Right on. I’m definitely down for a meetup but I couldn’t find anything outside of a brown mountain trip the first weekend of April (that I won’t be able to make). I’ve been a little wary of the OHV parks because my ride is untested thus far. It’s a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring with a 2” lift and 30” Kuhmo ATs on it. I am still planning on putting on wheel spacers, stronger sway bars, a rally/bull bar with trail lights. I decided to go w/ something a little different than the Jeeps & Trucks you usually see. The flat 6 boxer motor, symmetrical AWD w/ it’s X-Mode should make it a pretty stout battlewagon. My last 2 Subies were pretty awesome off the pavement and they were stock & they both had the 4-banger. I can’t wait to see what the new 1 will do w/ it’s insane amount of ground clearance, bigger motor, & beefy tires.
Last car was an old fozzy. Boxer motors are odd to me in their conception. Didn’t have any issues with mine other than turbo and radiator and I’m probably the reason for both. Mine was bone stock and I know it would do 70+ in the dirt with bald tires.

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Last car was an old fozzy. Boxer motors are odd to me in their conception. Didn’t have any issues with mine other than turbo and radiator and I’m probably the reason for both. Mine was bone stock and I know it would do 70+ in the dirt with bald tires.
That’s why I love them so much. The only engine I love more than a boxer were the old 4.0 liter I-6 that Jeep killed in the early 2000s. This is my 4th Subaru. I had a super fast 2009 Legacy GT spec.B that my ex totaled. Then I had a 2014 Impreza wagon bc I was flat broke & needed good transportation. Then I bought a 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited that I was planning on building up but a drunk driver totaled it while it was parked in my driveway. When I went to replace it I got the highest trim level, the touring, for the snazzy interior, & w/ the bigger motor. I didn’t waste any time on building it up, it has less than 3k miles on it.