Anybody interested in a GA overland trip?

• HTML tutorial

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Looking at doing a 3-4 day trip in North Ga/TN/NC in Late April or early May. Would be doing some backcountry camping, hiking during the days, maybe some light off-roading and other exploring in between. I know a couple good spots in GA but haven’t explored too much in the other areas so would love to go with a group. I’ll be starting down in Middle Georgia and would like to make it a long weekend. Sound like fun to anybody?

Reactions: Ulde and ckkphoto

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Looking at doing a 3-4 day trip in North Ga/TN/NC in Late April or early May. Would be doing some backcountry camping, hiking during the days, maybe some light off-roading and other exploring in between. I know a couple good spots in GA but haven’t explored too much in the other areas so would love to go with a group. I’ll be starting down in Middle Georgia and would like to make it a long weekend. Sound like fun to anybody?
Sounds very fun! Do you have a route planned or anything like that?

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Sounds very fun! Do you have a route planned or anything like that?
As of right now I don’t. Depending on where people are coming from would probably decide the starting point. I know a couple good backcountry camping spots in the chattahoochee national forest so possibly spending the first night or two up in north Georgia and then moving on to North Carolina/Tennessee. Could drive part of the blue ridge parkway for the trip as well.

My initial plan is to camp, hike/trail ride the following morning, drive to the next site, and repeat.