Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6SGE
More of an open door to anyones thoughts about this new radio that is not yet approved at this time. For example, would you get one? yes, no .would this be a good radio for the overlander, can/would you compare it to other radios for our use or anything else that you would like to comment about this up comming radio.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
A neat radio for sure and the waterfall is nothing short of amazing but only put our 10 watts. 10 watts may be enough for the radio’s intended use but id want a little more power for a trail rig.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

It's a portable QRP radio meant to compete against the Elecraft KX3. Would be great for setting up while at camp where you can throw a linked dipole up in a tree, not so much as a mobile where the antenna is a huge compromise and you need the extra watts to overcome some of that. It looks like a nice little radio and I would like to play around with one.

Wow, a lot of features packed into a $35.00 package.
@Prerunner1982 what are your thoughts on this little guy?
$35 is just to reserve your spot to purchase one. Will be interesting to see what it actually sells for.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hahaha, @Slimpartywagon you are gonna have to try harder to get THAT radio for $35! A beauty of a radio for sure, thought it was considered QRP but that is not (yet) my game. Thanks for informing @Prerunner1982. Had the new home-brew long wire antenna connected to the D74 last night; helps a bit in the house but am itching to try from the woods.

MojaveGreen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6SGE
A neat radio for sure and the waterfall is nothing short of amazing but only put our 10 watts. 10 watts may be enough for the radio’s intended use but id want a little more power for a trail rig.
That's why I would wait for the next one to come out. The power is lacking for sure.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Neat little radio. I’ve been taking an Elecraft K2 portable for years. I use a hustler mobile whip mounted on a ground stake with a few radials. I have resonators fir 10-80. One May, the guys at W9IMS were stunned when I told them my setup on 20 meters.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

MojaveGreen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6SGE
Neat little radio. I’ve been taking an Elecraft K2 portable for years. I use a hustler mobile whip mounted on a ground stake with a few radials. I have resonators fir 10-80. One May, the guys at W9IMS were stunned when I told them my setup on 20 meters.
I bet you feel good using a rig that you built.

Reactions: Sparksalot