Any Interest in a New England Fall gathering?

• HTML tutorial

What type of meetup interests you?

• Keep it simple, lets go camping for the weekend.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Day time picnicy meet up, we can all go home to our warm beds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend or possibly longer trip with multiple camp locations and lots of soft roads.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Meetups are lame, I'm a lone wolf.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK, I see a lot more posts than votes but it does look like a simple camping trip is what most folks want, at least for now. I can assure you once I am up there we will be putting together some pretty epic North East adventures. I saw a good post about folks doing some quick coffee/drink style meetups leading up to the weekend. That's a great idea, but I would take it a step further and say why not try to do some local monthly meet and greets. We have quite a few folks on the forum located in the North East. So to that end, I'm going to start a thread in the Meet Up section and see if we can't get a monthly thing going in a few locations. So jump over there and take a peek at that. Nothing strengthens a community like sitting down with each other face to face.

Back to the topic at hand. I say let's go forward with a camping trip. A weekend or long weekend base camp format. This way folks who want to just chill at the camp site and chat all day can, or go for a hike, a scenic drive, fishing, etc... But at the end of the day, we can all come around a good fire with some good food and good conversation. In the coming days/weeks I will be trying to nail down a location. If you have suggestions, let me know. The ideal location is large enough for a good group to camp together, with lots of adventurous opportunities near by. And as central as possible.

So keep your eyes peeled as we start to get more details.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This is awesome - thank you @cjones!!! Back in CA I was part of a local rover club and we had monthly get together in various locations. It was a lot of fun! I would love to help in anyway that I can, but so happy and thrilled you will be coming out this way.... it'll really help move things along as I don't have as much experience. Thanks so much!!!! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ok. I'm ready to send this thing into planning stages. I will be starting a thread in the Overland Trip Planning forum. I will post a link in this thread when complete.
Awesome!!! By the way, I'm still chatting with my public school friends about your wife, waiting to hear back. Haven't forgotten!

Reactions: MA_Trooper