Antenna question for someone who knows more than me

• HTML tutorial

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

I know it's possible to make a multi-band antenna... how would one go about making a 3 band....CB, 2 meter and 70mm?

Or does someone already make this?

I don't see myself getting my General license...

Sent from my SM-G920T using OB Talk mobile app

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

The Diamond CR8900A covers 70cm, 2m, 6m, and 10m. It may work on CB (11m) likely won't work all that well but if all you are wanting is trail comms I image it should be ok.
Nobody makes a multiband antenna that specifically includes CB because ham radios shouldn't be operating on CB and there are only a couple or so quad band radios that do 10m, 2m, and 70cm.

What radio(s) are you running?

Last edited:
Reactions: 94Cruiser

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

The Diamond CR8900A covers 70cm, 2m, 6m, and 10m. It may work on CB (11m) but likely won't work all that well but if all you are wanting is trail comms I image it should be ok.
Nobody makes a multiband antenna that specifically includes CB because ham radios shouldn't be operating on CB and there are only a couple or so quad band radios that do 10m, 2m, and 70cm.

What radio(s) are you running?
I have a few Chinese handy talkies

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I have heard the TYT quad band can do that, but I don't know how well or if it does 11m AM or just FM..

The only other option is to get an all band radio and modify it for 11m but that seems like a lot of radio ($$$) for someone who isn't interested in getting their general class license.

Legal Disclaimer: Neither option is legal on CB.

Reactions: 94Cruiser

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

I have heard the TYT quad band can do that, but I don't know how well or if it does 11m AM or just FM..

The only other option is to get an all band radio and modify it for 11m but that seems like a lot of radio ($$$) for someone who isn't interested in getting their general class license.

Legal Disclaimer: Neither option is legal on CB.
Thank you for the help!