Contributor I

Houston, Texas, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
C
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5WDS
Now that we've bought the new Gladiator, and gotten the TJ set up the way we like it, we wanted something small to get out and camp with. Small trailers that we looked at were thousands of dollars, if not tens of thousands, and some of them were just boxes on trailers. So I decided to teach myself how to use Sketchup and design something of my own. After multiple, multiple designs, I think I've settled on this setup. I have pass through storage under the floor which will allow me to add a significant water tank under it, and store a lot of gear. The bed is about 60"x72", and I have enough room for a 3.1cu fridge inside for those times when we are just leisure camping at state parks etc.

I'm toying with the idea of a slide out kitchen in the rear under floor compartment area.

I'm hoping to start purchasing materials on Monday and start the exterior walls by next weekend. I'll update the thread with photos as I go.

(I did not model the Jeep, thankfully someone with more experience did and I just downloaded it from the 3D Warehouse.)

Attachments