Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I'm from Norway and I think most Scandinavian people here use facebook groups instead of the forum.

MikeO

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Sweden
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Olofsson
Member #

From the Stockholm area here. There’s a Facebook group, so generally I’m not in here either. Sadly the Facebook group was picking up speed and sort of went on hold as well when the current events took hold last year.

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hey there, so i'm planing to go on business trip in September around 13-17 or 20-24; maybe it can be included a weekends;
My Goal there is to visit a customer in Gavle. I will arrive to Stockholm by a ferry.

Wondering if there are OB member between Stockholm and Gavle I could arrive before weekend do OB meeting during it and then go with my things alone the road.

Let see...

Last edited:
Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey there, so i'm planing to go on business trip in September around 13-17 or 20-24; maybe it can be included a weekends;
My Goal there is to visit a customer in Gavle. I will arrive to Stockholm by a ferry.

Wondering if there are OB member between Stockholm and Gavle I could arrive before weekend do OB meeting during it and then go with my things alone the road.

Let see...
Hi Tomas,

I just took a look at the OB map. There are at least ten members around Stockholm. Maybe just open a Rally Point with the dates when you are there and see if people are joining. With the RPs you also have the possibility to invite members directly and so maybe more members become aware of it.

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: PeterC

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hej PeterC,
Welcome to Sweden, it's been a while since I have posted here. As mentioned earlier with the current events we have kept our trips to ourselves with one exception of a fully vaccinated couple from Germany that I went camping with over on Öland.

With the population getting vaccinated more and more everyday it would be fun to see if we can get a group gather somewhere in Sweden next spring.

/Todd

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
With the population getting vaccinated more and more everyday it would be fun to see if we can get a group gather somewhere in Sweden next spring.
Great. Maybe there is a way to organize a small OB Meetup in Sweden. What do you think, Todd?

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Great. Maybe there is a way to organize a small OB Meetup in Sweden. What do you think, Todd?
Of course it is possible, we did try a few years ago but without anything materializing.....maybe worth another attempt?

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hej PeterC,
Welcome to Sweden, it's been a while since I have posted here. As mentioned earlier with the current events we have kept our trips to ourselves with one exception of a fully vaccinated couple from Germany that I went camping with over on Öland.

/Todd
Could be possible

PeterC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Guys, what a mess this.
I answered some time ago here but i must have done something wrong since its not here.. :fearscream:
Sorry about that!

Hi Tomas,

I just took a look at the OB map. There are at least ten members around Stockholm. Maybe just open a Rally Point with the dates when you are there and see if people are joining. With the RPs you also have the possibility to invite members directly and so maybe more members become aware of it.

Cheers, Björn
Could be possible
Of course it is possible, we did try a few years ago but without anything materializing.....maybe worth another attempt?
Ten members around here?? Where? I thought i was alone in this part of Sweden!
I´d love to meet up!

Hej PeterC,

/Todd
Thank you! I´m just outside Stockholm in Ingarö. Thats Värmdö kommun.
A meetup in spring would be nice, although i think not alot of people are with OB here, but i only find the real offroad (pay n play) clubs. And really nothing else.

My car is obesiktad right now, but it will be solved soonish i hope. Exhaust fume values too high.. :astonished:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Todd,

Great. Yes exactly, why not just try again. Do you have a nice place that is suitable for a small gathering? Or even know a great route in the area for a short round trip? If you have time and fun to organize a small meeting, just pick a date that suits you and create a rally point if you like. It doesn't have to be anything big. And then you will see how much response there is. And who knows, maybe even members from further away have time and want to come or spend their vacation in Sweden at that time and just drop by, or or or. Rally Points are a good thing to bring people together here. Just try it out if you like!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
A meetup in Sweden would be great to attend. If vacation worked out I’d make the drive.

Last edited:

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hi Todd,

Great. Yes exactly, why not just try again. Do you have a nice place that is suitable for a small gathering? Or even know a great route in the area for a short round trip? If you have time and fun to organize a small meeting, just pick a date that suits you and create a rally point if you like. It doesn't have to be anything big. And then you will see how much response there is. And who knows, maybe even members from further away have time and want to come or spend their vacation in Sweden at that time and just drop by, or or or. Rally Points are a good thing to bring people together here. Just try it out if you like!

Cheers, Björn

Björn,
We can discuss it at another campfire meeting. I have no probs with trying again in the Spring.

Todd.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Todd,

Cheers, Björn

Björn,
We can discuss it at another campfire meeting. I have no probs with trying again in the Spring.

Todd.
Hi Todd,

Cool! Yes, let's discuss at one of the next virtual campfires!

Have a great weekend!

Björn

Reactions: NotGumby