Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Where does this story actually start?

June 27th, 2023 I woke with a start. I was out camping with my fiancé and three dogs at Birdtrack Springs for close to 2 weeks. The ever looming sensation of wanderlust hit me full tilt. Listening to the bull frog, crickets, and hooting of an owl made me realize that the time to hit the road fu time was now.

I haven’t held a steady job in over a year, my RV that I called home was falling a part around me, and I realized I didn’t have anything holding me back. It was time to stop making excuses and just get out and hit the road. Erin and I had been invited to to do sections 3 through 14 of the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route (IBDR) in less than a month away; which we felt was more than enough time to settle my affairs in town and start our grand adventure.
I sorted through my stuff I have accumulated over the past ten years; making pile of stuff to throw out, give away, and store for a short period of time. Then we put an order in with Zion Off-Road (www.zionoffroad.com) for their stage 4 modular trailer. Levi was/is very helpful going over every little detail making sure we have the best base trailer for our needs.

After ordering the trailer and packing away my belongings that I am to need once the trailer is finished we met up with a couple of Overland Bound members to travel together down to Boise, Idaho to rally with the group leader and start the IBDR.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
This sounds awesome and I look forward to reading more of this adventure trip.

Reactions: M Rose

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Where does this story actually start?

June 27th, 2023 I woke with a start. I was out camping with my fiancé and three dogs at Birdtrack Springs for close to 2 weeks. The ever looming sensation of wanderlust hit me full tilt. Listening to the bull frog, crickets, and hooting of an owl made me realize that the time to hit the road fu time was now.

I haven’t held a steady job in over a year, my RV that I called home was falling a part around me, and I realized I didn’t have anything holding me back. It was time to stop making excuses and just get out and hit the road. Erin and I had been invited to to do sections 3 through 14 of the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route (IBDR) in less than a month away; which we felt was more than enough time to settle my affairs in town and start our grand adventure.
I sorted through my stuff I have accumulated over the past ten years; making pile of stuff to throw out, give away, and store for a short period of time. Then we put an order in with Zion Off-Road (www.zionoffroad.com) for their stage 4 modular trailer. Levi was/is very helpful going over every little detail making sure we have the best base trailer for our needs.

After ordering the trailer and packing away my belongings that I am to need once the trailer is finished we met up with a couple of Overland Bound members to travel together down to Boise, Idaho to rally with the group leader and start the IBDR.
Congratulations all around Mike! wish you the best on your travels, sure we will cross paths many times to come.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Have fun on your trip!

Finally, a trailer design that makes perfect sense. That modularity is perfect.
The cost and the modularity is what sold me on the trailer. The trailer is currently being built and should be finished by the end of September. Once the trailer is done I’ll be posting pictures and a full review

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The cost and the modularity is what sold me on the trailer. The trailer is currently being built and should be finished by the end of September. Once the trailer is done I’ll be posting pictures and a full review
I’d never heard of this company. I’m glad you posted this.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I need to take some better pictures of the trailer…an make a build thread as I start modifying it.

Zion Off-Road Z1 with Stage 4 Package (when I do my build thread I will list all my specs and accessories) teaser photo dump

IMG_2109_Original.jpeg
My trailer Zion Off-Road H.Q in St. George Utah ready to be picked up.

IMG_2128_Original.jpeg

IMG_2178_Original.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I need to also update this thread, we have returned to Northeastern Oregon for the winter. My wife and I are currently staying with my dad’s cousin as we plan out the next stages of our journey. We spent 5 months on the road, visited 8 states, 4 national parks, and met many wonderful people along the way. We are getting excited to see how 2024 is to us. Happy New Year all

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I need to also update this thread, we have returned to Northeastern Oregon for the winter. My wife and I are currently staying with my dad’s cousin as we plan out the next stages of our journey. We spent 5 months on the road, visited 8 states, 4 national parks, and met many wonderful people along the way. We are getting excited to see how 2024 is to us. Happy New Year all
A happy, peaceful and healthy new year, Mike. It's nice to read a few lines from you here again. All the best for 2024!