Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Took a solo drive to the Adirondacks last night. I was supposed to have a crew from here with me and I screwed that up. (Multiple reasons). Either way, drove north and loaded up iOverlander. Found this nice spot. Lot's of wheeling and scenery back there too. I was alone so when it got a little rough I backed off and turned around so I didn't get stuck with no cell service. Only comms I had was the Garmin Inreach.

Camping1.jpg

Camping2.jpg

Camping3.jpg

Camping5.jpg

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

Looks like you found a great spot up there! Were the roads/trails to get there full size (ram 2500) friendly? I explored a bit in the Catskills a couple days ago and had to abort a few trails that got too narrow. Didn’t want to risk having to back out too far.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Looks like you found a great spot up there! Were the roads/trails to get there full size (ram 2500) friendly? I explored a bit in the Catskills a couple days ago and had to abort a few trails that got too narrow. Didn’t want to risk having to back out too far.
Yeah I think for the most part you'd be fine. There was actually a ram there.

Reactions: GreggNY

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Also a big fan of the Adirondacks. Lived in Washington County for about 7 years as a kid and young man back in the 1980's. I didnt know it then, but it was a great time.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Lived in the Saratoga Springs/ Lake George area and spent a fair amount of my free time wandering the local hills and trails. Absolutely beautiful in the autumn. I would advise everyone to go see the Balloon Festival at least once

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

It looks like you have the regular width roofnest Falcon. Do you ever feel like you should’ve gone with the XL? I think the regular fits better size wise on the Tacoma but I’ve seen the XLs on them too. I’m looking at both now

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

It looks like you have the regular width roofnest Falcon. Do you ever feel like you should’ve gone with the XL? I think the regular fits better size wise on the Tacoma but I’ve seen the XLs on them too. I’m looking at both now
It's too long for the tacoma. Basically, I need to raise it higher and have it hover over the cab. I have it setup perfectly so I can still fit in my garage though. Yes, the XL would have been better. I had a 23zero walkabout 72 which is massive and perfect size. But, couldn't fit in the garage. If you have a FS truck I'd def. go w/ the XL.

Reactions: GreggNY

akv2

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Vanderzwan
Member #

Planning a trip to the Adirondacks this weekend... do you mind sharing where this spot is? Looks stunning!