Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Socorro, NM
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Glendenning
Member #

Nice! Given that the rails are attached to stubs in the bottom rail, are the vertical and top rails doing any work? Maybe you have plans to build something on the top surface?

Apprweb

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Member #

Nice! Given that the rails are attached to stubs in the bottom rail, are the vertical and top rails doing any work? Maybe you have plans to build something on the top surface?
I plan to enclose the top and sides so that the back can be loaded and still slide the fridge out to access. Eventually plan to build on the right side with drawers. I use the fridge daily, I am in the car all day and this was the first project. The Engel fridge units are amazing, this one is 12 years old and used daily

Brian Glendenning

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Socorro, NM
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Glendenning
Member #

I plan to enclose the top and sides so that the back can be loaded and still slide the fridge out to access. Eventually plan to build on the right side with drawers. I use the fridge daily, I am in the car all day and this was the first project. The Engel fridge units are amazing, this one is 12 years old and used daily
Got it.

Is that 1010 8020? How are you attaching the slides to the stubs? As you can likely tell, I'm thinking of doing something similar!

Apprweb

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Member #

Got it.

Is that 1010 8020? How are you attaching the slides to the stubs? As you can likely tell, I'm thinking of doing something similar!
Yes, it’s 1010 size, I used the 3 slot so the exterior would be finished, same price. The slides are screwed into blind nuts in the rail. It was about $350 with the slides. The only thing I would change so far is I might put a rail across the entire rear for attachment and put a hinge at the rear so I can tilt this unit up to access the storage compartment.