80 series seat of pants sleeping for 2 - your solutions?

• HTML tutorial

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

My wife and I like to do semi-spur of moment road trips for long weekends, not necessarily off road.
My issue is,how to configure our twin size Memory foam AND the gear needed for the trip in the back of our 80 series in a way that I don’t have to pull everything out any time we need anything. This cruiser does either gear or sleeping great. But not both together. I have build many diy versions of “platforms but no sooner I complete one I need to yank it so we can pick up tile,rocks,wood, etc and a permanent drawer/ platform is just too high for day to day loading in/ out. My latest version is with 4 17 gl. Black/yellow HD,Costco containers for our “stuff”, a trimmed sheet of plywood on top of that, memory foam on top of that. 17 gal. Boxes still gives us headroom to sleep & sit up. I can pull out any 1( one) box at a time to access items without collapsing. Still not ideal. Even then my Engle fridge gets left home ☹
Any creative advise is welcome

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Roof rack.
Roof top tent.
3 case camping supply system.

If you are frugal, and patient, and don’t mind buying used, you can get this done for less than $1000.

James

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

Try a tent like this, when we started we used this tent regularly it is very quick and easy to setup and you have access to the back of your 80 so you don't have to unload everything. Or put stuff in tent and sleep in the 80. Don't know why it double post pictures sorry about that but deleted and tried to fix it and it still did it.
IMG_2390.JPG IMG_2386.JPG IMG_2390.JPG IMG_2386.JPG