• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Rockauto.com has installation kits and ring & pinion sets by USA Standard Gear (division of Yukon Gear) and I have had no complaints with my Yukon Gear/USA Standard Gear setup on my 1999 Explorer over the several years I've been using them.

Generally they are held in good report.

Also on Rockauto.com you can find Richmond gears, but I have no experience with that company or any knowledge of their product quality.

As far as air lockers, you're on your own there - consider ARB, but be aware that many of the Explorer crowd have had ARB's get stuck locked and/or grenade for no apparent reason.

Make sure when browsing Rockauto.com that you select the correct gear ratio; Richmond and USA Standard Gear both have drop-down menus to select your desired gear ratio, 5.29 being one of the several.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters is one vendor I use for all things Toyota. They will not oversell nor yank your chain.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
You just missed the Nitro gear sale. I picked up a set of 4.88's for my cruiser. $175 for both. They were clearing out over stock.
I've used and abused Yukon and Nitro. Instead of air lockers, look at Eaton electric or Harrop (made by Eaton).
Pop over to IH8MUD, 80's section for everything 80's technical. At the top is the vender area, sometimes they put stuff on sale.

+1 on cruiser outfitters. Those guys are great.